T.62 Yay or nay

T.62 Yay or nay
Posted on: 01.10.2012 by Loan Oballe
yea so I'm pretty much looking at some beginner TT's, I've been rocking an xponent for about 6 months and want to move forward, and have decided vinyl and dvs system is the way to go (I already have a large vinyl collection but intend on also running DVS a bit later)

so to sum up, is the t.62 a neat little TT ? is there a better option for the money? should I spend a little extra dosh for something better?

cheers In advance
Loan Oballe
yea so I'm pretty much looking at some beginner TT's, I've been rocking an xponent for about 6 months and want to move forward, and have decided vinyl and dvs system is the way to go (I already have a large vinyl collection but intend on also running DVS a bit later)

so to sum up, is the t.62 a neat little TT ? is there a better option for the money? should I spend a little extra dosh for something better?

cheers In advance
Rena Estabrook
A buddy picked up a used but good pair of T.62s for less than $150. Pretty good for the money in my opinion. It's good enough to give you a feel for the layout, moving platter, pitch, and tonearm.
Evie Baghdasarian
I am using a set of T.80's and am quite happy with them.
They hold their BPM very will (wont jump more then 0.04 bpm throughout an entire track).
I am however not doing anything crazy with them like scratching or DMC type stuff, just basic long mixing.
I got mine with original boxes, covers, needles and carts for a Scotty Cameron Putter which I paid $65 for, so I could not be happier with them for the money.
Lina Rawie
I would get something better if you can. The T.62 isn't a terrible turntable, but it's not a great one either. The motor only has 1 Kg/cm of torque. For comparison, a Technics 1200 has 1.5 Kg/cm and my STR8-150s have 4.5 Kg/cm. More torque means that the platter is more responsive to pitch changes, plus more pulling power is definitely useful for scratching - that's why belt drives suck for scratching, because the torque is so low. The tonearm does the job. Aside from that it has the basic features you need, but it's an entry level direct drive turntable so if you're in this for the long term then I would say aim higher now rather than buying twice (as you certainly won't want to use T.62s forever).

All these turntables are good IMO: -

Technics 1200 series (I'm not a big fan of the ubiquitous MK2 though, but that's just me)
Vestax PDX-2000 or 3000 (not the MK1 PDX-2000 as the platter is a bit crap IMO)
Stanton T.120, ST-150, STR8-150
Numark TT500, TTX (but not the original MK1 TTX as they had issues)
Gemini TT04 (not my first choice, but a good deck if in decent condition at the right used price)
Any of the Super OEM decks (basically the same core components as a STR8-150)
Maricruz Felter
if you do some digging you can find some Tech 12s for a decent price as well. Guitar Center, believe it or not, has some great prices on used Techs if you're patient.
Johnetta Olewine
nay. pick up a super oem
Daniele Gladys
Vestax pdx 2000's are very cheap 2nd hand, and t heyre great turntables, for scratching and mixing i have them aswell and i love them!

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy