tempo problem on technic 1200 mk5

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: tempo problem on technic 1200 mk5Reply
tempo problem on technic 1200 mk5
Posted on: 08.10.2012 by Stephane Routier
Hi, ive just bought 2 technics off ebay, i starting using them today though serato and one of the pitches is jumping from say 125.4 to 126.1 and so on. ive tried messing around with the needles etc but its still jumping is this a problem with the pitch control and what do i need to do to get it fix?
Stephane Routier
Hi, ive just bought 2 technics off ebay, i starting using them today though serato and one of the pitches is jumping from say 125.4 to 126.1 and so on. ive tried messing around with the needles etc but its still jumping is this a problem with the pitch control and what do i need to do to get it fix?
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Could be a number of issues. First double check the lighting surrounding the deck to see if it is a mechanical fluctuation. If so;

- Remove the platter and clean out any dust as this could be affecting consistency of the magnet.

- Try and clean the fader with a little cotton bud and some electrical contact spray.

- If these fail buy a replacement pitch fader and fit it yourself. It's really easy to do. No soldering skills required if you buy it with the PCB attatched. All you need is a screwdriver and access to Youtube.
Maricruz Felter
a little fluctuation is normal. On my Mk2's I it will fluctuate between 0.01 and 0.03, and never really much more than that. If its fluctuating an entire beat per minute there might be an issue there.
Rena Estabrook
I could be wrong but I thought it is normal to fluctuate less than 1 BPM in SSL. On my low mileage MK5s, it fluctuates about less than 1 BPM. On a brand new pair of M5Gs it is a lot less; maybe 0.5. On DZ1200s using CD timecode, it's dead accurate. This is just my personal observation. I learned to live with it.
Maricruz Felter
did you check the strobe lights? That will be your best bet if there are issues with the pitch control. Just google around, there are several guides available to purchasing used 1200s.
Maegan Flotron
don't know of any places in liverpool, but there's Turntable Pimp which is just outside of birmingham. for 25 pounds they'll fully service your deck and fix any problems with the pitch

https://www.facebook.com/TurntablePimp
Stephane Routier
the same thing happens when i play a normal vinyl, is this a problem with the pitch yes? is there anywhere i can fix it near liverpool, UK

thanks
dan samo
Can you try playing a regular vinyl record on the player? That is surely a way to tell you if there's a mechanical problem with the pitch control. Listen to an mp3 of the song and play next to the vinyl record-- easy way to see if it's not keeping a sustained pitch. Alternatively, look at the red dots on the rim of the platter, afaik the middle row should be still when the table is on normal pitch (check the instruction manuals for clarification).

Otherwise it may be that your control vinyl or stylus is worn. I get little problems and inaccuracies on my DVS set-up whenever either of those things needs replacing.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy