Gemini CDJ-600

Gemini CDJ-600
Posted on: 05.10.2012 by Merrie Jandro
Any opinions on this deck? I am considering buying one until I can afford another Pioneer CDJ-350.
Only considering because of the Vinyl Mode and USB functionality.
Merrie Jandro
Originally Posted by DirtyNerd
I have a pair. They are built fine for home use...I wouldn't take them on the road or anything like that...I don't believe they could take the abuse. I hear the newer 700s may be better built, but I haven't used them so I don't know. They play USB and CD fine. the USB ability is a nice plus. I found the vinyl mode to be somewhat mediocre...I'm not a turntablist or scratch performer by any means, so my needs in that department are minimal, so I guess that lines up with the capabilities and price point of these players. I did play Traktor Timecode CDs on them and they largely performed ok with that...nothing amazing, but nothing seriously awful either.

I may sell them and get a pair of Pioneer CDJ-400s. The 400s now have Traktor HID integration, so you may want to consider the 400s over the 350s.

Overall, when I take the low price I paid for these, I can't say that I have much in the way of complaints. No it's not feature packed with great performance, but it also costs 1/10th of the price of the high-end units!
Thanks for the input man, I just ordered one. once I can afford another CDJ-350 I'm just going to use the Gemini as a 3rd deck.
Merrie Jandro
Any opinions on this deck? I am considering buying one until I can afford another Pioneer CDJ-350.
Only considering because of the Vinyl Mode and USB functionality.
Merrie Jandro
Originally Posted by DirtyNerd
I have a pair. They are built fine for home use...I wouldn't take them on the road or anything like that...I don't believe they could take the abuse. I hear the newer 700s may be better built, but I haven't used them so I don't know. They play USB and CD fine. the USB ability is a nice plus. I found the vinyl mode to be somewhat mediocre...I'm not a turntablist or scratch performer by any means, so my needs in that department are minimal, so I guess that lines up with the capabilities and price point of these players. I did play Traktor Timecode CDs on them and they largely performed ok with that...nothing amazing, but nothing seriously awful either.

I may sell them and get a pair of Pioneer CDJ-400s. The 400s now have Traktor HID integration, so you may want to consider the 400s over the 350s.

Overall, when I take the low price I paid for these, I can't say that I have much in the way of complaints. No it's not feature packed with great performance, but it also costs 1/10th of the price of the high-end units!
Thanks for the input man, I just ordered one. once I can afford another CDJ-350 I'm just going to use the Gemini as a 3rd deck.
Leota Dolney

Merrie Jandro
bump. nobody has any experience with these decks or any input to offer?

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy