Switching between vinyl and timecode

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Switching between vinyl and timecodeReply
Switching between vinyl and timecode
Posted on: 21.10.2012 by Fredda Klarman
Hey guys,
I searched the community for a similar thread and yielded no results, so I apologize if this has been asked before. Anywho, onto the problem: I purchased the A6 timecode bundle a few weeks back believeing that I would be able to transition between my vinyl records and digital ones on the fly. However, it doesn't seem to work out that way - my digital tracks sound perfectly fine, but the vinyl sounds incredibly faint. I've attempted the following in order to fix my problem:

i: Plugging my soundcard into both my mixer's line and phono jacks
ii: Setting the track input in traktor to both live input and direct through

If I restart my computer, my vinyl records sound perfectly fine. But obviously, traktor is no longer open when this happens, and as soon as I boot up traktor the problem persists.

Any help would be much appreciated. If I didn't present my issue clearly, and you might potentially have assistance, let me know and I'll attempt to clarify.

Thanks
Fredda Klarman
Hey guys,
I searched the community for a similar thread and yielded no results, so I apologize if this has been asked before. Anywho, onto the problem: I purchased the A6 timecode bundle a few weeks back believeing that I would be able to transition between my vinyl records and digital ones on the fly. However, it doesn't seem to work out that way - my digital tracks sound perfectly fine, but the vinyl sounds incredibly faint. I've attempted the following in order to fix my problem:

i: Plugging my soundcard into both my mixer's line and phono jacks
ii: Setting the track input in traktor to both live input and direct through

If I restart my computer, my vinyl records sound perfectly fine. But obviously, traktor is no longer open when this happens, and as soon as I boot up traktor the problem persists.

Any help would be much appreciated. If I didn't present my issue clearly, and you might potentially have assistance, let me know and I'll attempt to clarify.

Thanks
Brunilda Kora
Better off bypassing the A6 altogether.

Just buy some phono splitters and use the phono/line selector on your mixer to choose whether your mixing timecode or real vinyl.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy