Dubstep style music mixers w/cdj 850s

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Dubstep style music mixers w/cdj 850sReply
Dubstep style music mixers w/cdj 850s
Posted on: 23.10.2012 by Loree Simonich
I am returning to djing after a rekindled interest in music: dubstep, trap beats, freakstep, hip hop mixture styles with uelectronic type beats. ill be using cdj850s (used to use techs with nuo3) and need advice for a good mixer. i want to scratch some too. max 800. thanks in advance
Tatum Ansaldo
max 800 what? $?
Tatum Ansaldo
max 800 what? $?
Tatum Ansaldo
max 800 what? $?
Tatum Ansaldo
max 800 what? $?
Milda Miyazono
Originally Posted by CrashErryday
I am returning to djing after a rekindled interest in music: dubstep, trap beats, freakstep, hip hop mixture styles with uelectronic type beats. ill be using cdj850s (used to use techs with nuo3) and need advice for a good mixer. i want to scratch some too. max 800. thanks in advance

WTF is freakstep???
Tatum Ansaldo
max 800 what? $?
Loree Simonich
Nereida Jasnoch
I'd recommend a Xone 22.

Because:
-You said your budget is thight-ish, you can get a xone well under 800 (any currency) leaving more money to spend on your gf, beer,...
-Everybody 's recommending real battle mixers, OP said he 'll be using CDJs. I 'd believe it's a little bit of a waste to get a rane or ecler if you won't be using turntables.
-If you want to mix dubstep, you 'll want some nice EQs, xones have nice EQs
-The minimalistic mixing style would appeal to me

And best of all I'm 99% sure this mixer will play dubstep, trap or any audio file for that matter
Leeanna Ayla
@CrashErryday you're attitude towards answers you don't like is unacceptable.
Tatum Ansaldo
My recommendations would be a NUO 2.0 with the eternal fader (or innofader) or a Rane 56.
Milda Miyazono
Originally Posted by CrashErryday

WTF is freakstep???
Loree Simonich
No worries, spray painting the jeezy snowman on my tables and my asscheeks. My bad, I understand what you meant by specifics now; 2-3 channels, a decent enough fader to scratch on, quality over quantity in effects/filters, kill switches for bass and others if possible. hmm not sure what else but, adjustable fader too.

-Peace!
Debrah Arnaout
Everyone knows you cant run the trap if you dont have a trap style mixer man
Tatum Ansaldo
Though he made it a little bluntly, he has a point. At the most basic level, if you want to mix tracks, you need some sort of mixer. Beyond that, it's simply a case of how much you want to pay and which features are important to you.

If flashy features aren't important but you want a rock solid scratch mixer that will last forever, I'd suggest a Rane TTM-56S.

If you want to use software, then you may want a mixer with a built in sound card. Again, if you want a seriously solid scratch mixer in that category then Rane make the 61 and 62, but they're out of your budget. You may find a good deal on a 57SL which is also serato certified. You might also look at the Native Instruments Z2 which gives you a lot of bang for your buck, or possibly the Pioneer DJM-T1.

If you're after 4 channels, there's a whole new range of possibilities. At the end of the day, it all comes down to what matters to you. If you tell us which features you value, we can better point you in the right direction. You can buy a mixer for anything from $50 to $3000, but you do tend to get what you pay for one way or another.
Nancey Inderlied
You didn't tell us what you're looking for! You told us you mix dubstep, trap, hip hop, and electronic. Your style of play has literally zero to do with your demands and preferences in a mixer, unless, as I said, you're looking for hardcore faders. Literally every single mixing device on the planet is suited towards mixing music together, which mixer you like comes from individual and personal factors and preferences.
Loree Simonich
Do you just post stuff for ur post count? how bout answer sometging relatively in the form of advice. i heard good thigs about these community s, hopefully ur the minority of useless posters. read the description of what im lookin for, then form an educated response geared to help, then post. itll alleviate my annoyances of reading rambling
Nancey Inderlied
Well, if you want to scratch intensively, look into Rane's line for the immortal faders. If not, try looking into every mixer ever made, ever, because they'll suit you perfectly for "mixing tracks."
Loree Simonich
800$
@cybertrash as for music depending on mixers, im pretty sure if you're a scratch only dj/hip hop vice electronic music which is more transition/mixing, mixers do matter. Not to mention, you just described how to mix any two songs. So how bout we keep our responses relevant to the topic or else I would have asked a different question
Tatum Ansaldo
max 800 what? $?
Evelyn Navarijo
How on earth did you get the idea that the mixer you use has anything to do with the style of music you play?

FWIW, Dubstep is mixed in a fairly simple way, two turntables, blending, some double dropping and reloads thrown in for good measure.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy