Riding the pitch

Riding the pitch
Posted on: 30.10.2012 by Chong Mine
When mixing on CDJs do any of you ride the pitch as if your using turntables?
Ive been trying lately and have been struggling, theres not enough resistance on pioneer cdjs, im not sure if im wasting my time by trying it
Chong Mine
Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel
I don't do it, becuase there is very little need with the CDJ's and platter. You can make tiny corrections without being audible (and BIG ones if you have master tempo on).

It is too loose, it's hard to make little 1mm movements like on a 1200.
Yeah you're right, it would be a bit gimmicky and a waste of time to just pitch ride with cdjs
Chong Mine
When mixing on CDJs do any of you ride the pitch as if your using turntables?
Ive been trying lately and have been struggling, theres not enough resistance on pioneer cdjs, im not sure if im wasting my time by trying it
Ninfa Mazariegos
When transitioning between two tracks with large bpm differences I like to beatmatch and sometimes even push the new track in time and then introduce it at the last four beats of the breakdown, then quickly bring the new track back to tempo as I cut to it. Works great when transitioning between two songs with drops.
Chong Mine
Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel
I don't do it, becuase there is very little need with the CDJ's and platter. You can make tiny corrections without being audible (and BIG ones if you have master tempo on).

Yeah you're right, it would be a bit gimmicky and a waste of time to just pitch ride with cdjs
Caleb Demillo

Dorie Scelzo
I did some, but pitch bending was usually easier and smoother.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy