Need some thoughts on ideas about performing as a duo.

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Need some thoughts on ideas about performing as a duo.Reply
Need some thoughts on ideas about performing as a duo.
Posted on: 27.01.2013 by Nisha Stanescu
So, me and my friend are spinning together.

We use a xone 92 & 3 CDJ's at the moment. We got our audio routed through ableton with the send/return of the xone for effects but we're not yet using it a lot since my midi controller just broke.

You can plug 2 headphones into the xone which is quite handy, but there seems to be no way to let each headphone listen to a different combination of channels.

For example: I mix in a track while listening to the previous track and the new one on my headphones, but my friend cannot at the same time listen to only the new track and the next new track, to get that one beatmatched already.

So what we want to accomplish is that I can listen to track 1 & 2 through my headphones, and my friend can listen to track 2 & 3 through his headphones.

Any ideas? I was believeing it might be possible by using a soundcard and the headphone output on that soundcard, route a channel through the soundcard and then back to a different channel on the xone... but then we would have to switch headphones. That wouldn't be too bad but it would be a lot more practical if we didn't have to do that.
Nisha Stanescu
So, me and my friend are spinning together.

We use a xone 92 & 3 CDJ's at the moment. We got our audio routed through ableton with the send/return of the xone for effects but we're not yet using it a lot since my midi controller just broke.

You can plug 2 headphones into the xone which is quite handy, but there seems to be no way to let each headphone listen to a different combination of channels.

For example: I mix in a track while listening to the previous track and the new one on my headphones, but my friend cannot at the same time listen to only the new track and the next new track, to get that one beatmatched already.

So what we want to accomplish is that I can listen to track 1 & 2 through my headphones, and my friend can listen to track 2 & 3 through his headphones.

Any ideas? I was believeing it might be possible by using a soundcard and the headphone output on that soundcard, route a channel through the soundcard and then back to a different channel on the xone... but then we would have to switch headphones. That wouldn't be too bad but it would be a lot more practical if we didn't have to do that.
Meridith Betsinger
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=66504

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy