CDJ 2000 and working with a Nexus deck

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ 2000 and working with a Nexus deckReply
CDJ 2000 and working with a Nexus deck
Posted on: 08.02.2013 by Cira Ditz
Hi,

I've switched to CDJs from traktor a little while back. My setup's still coming together and so far I've got a single DJM 2000 and a DJM 1000 (I wanted a model of each so I could get used to both for working in clubs as the places I play tend to have one or the other).

I'm starting to get some more funds together now though and am believeing of gettings a Nexus (similar reason, just so I can be familiar with them) and am planning to hook up both to a DJM 850/900/2000 when I finally get funs for one of those also.

Just wondering, has anyone got a CDJ 2000 and a Nexus and how do they work with each other (I've got latest firmware on the 2000) ?

Am I just best getting a 2nd 2000, or selling my 2000 and getting two Nexus models if they don't really talk (I know there's none of the waveforms that'll happen on the 2000, but just hoping they may still be useful together somehow) ?
Cira Ditz
Hi,

I've switched to CDJs from traktor a little while back. My setup's still coming together and so far I've got a single DJM 2000 and a DJM 1000 (I wanted a model of each so I could get used to both for working in clubs as the places I play tend to have one or the other).

I'm starting to get some more funds together now though and am believeing of gettings a Nexus (similar reason, just so I can be familiar with them) and am planning to hook up both to a DJM 850/900/2000 when I finally get funs for one of those also.

Just wondering, has anyone got a CDJ 2000 and a Nexus and how do they work with each other (I've got latest firmware on the 2000) ?

Am I just best getting a 2nd 2000, or selling my 2000 and getting two Nexus models if they don't really talk (I know there's none of the waveforms that'll happen on the 2000, but just hoping they may still be useful together somehow) ?
Cira Ditz
Ah - so it's a straight choice between two of either really.

Oh well - thanks for the clarification
Alphonso Deitchman
No, like I said earlier, linking a Mk1 to a Nexus will not give it any extra features at all.

I'm pretty sure the Mk1 has always had quantised hotcues as well as loops.
Cira Ditz
Cheers Makar and yes I knew there wouldn't be a transfer of features like the waveforms etc.

I guess it was more asking, like when they're linked together and you can use one USB for all the decks, would the similar feature be able to let you access the tracks from a smart phone and browse using the 2000 ?

Quantised hotcues too ?

Am just wondering if there is any talk between on some of the sharing features ?
Alphonso Deitchman
Both the 2000 Mk1 and Nexus should retain all their advertised features when linked with each other. There was a recent firmware update to make this happen. You won't gain any of the Nexus features on the Mk1 of course.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy