Debating on whether or not to buy CDJ's

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Debating on whether or not to buy CDJ'sReply
Debating on whether or not to buy CDJ's
Posted on: 12.02.2013 by Katerine Nanos
Hey guys,

I have some extra money, as well as a tax return coming, and have been feeling like I need to get CDJ's. I spin a lot in the city, and have an S4 and Traktor, which I love, however I occasionally find some other DJ's get annoyed by having to 'setup' my S4 and laptop.

To me, it's the ultimate setup, but I would like to get to be great on CDJ's. Please don't reccommend I just buy 800's. If I buy CDJ's, I need to get the 1000 mk2's so that I'm not missing any features the club setup might have.

Also, I know I can practice with the S4 like it's a pair of CDJ's but again, I want to know the units inside and out.

I figure at the least I could buy them, play on them for a year or so, and then just resell them... thoughts?
Ngoc Ninow
Originally Posted by brocklambert
Why would you get CDJ-1000MK2's? I've haven't seen a club with them in like 6 years. If you are totally against 800's (best bang for your buck), then you may as well get 900's or 2000's... which are pretty much club standard everywhere these days.
This.

I have a pair of 1000 mk3's, and I love them. I picked them up for
Ngoc Ninow
Why would you get CDJ-1000MK2's? I've haven't seen a club with them in like 6 years. If you are totally against 800's (best bang for your buck), then you may as well get 900's or 2000's... which are pretty much club standard everywhere these days.
This.

Ngoc Ninow
This.

Ngoc Ninow
This.

Ngoc Ninow
This.

Ngoc Ninow
This.

Ngoc Ninow
This.

Ngoc Ninow
This.

Ngoc Ninow
This.

Ngoc Ninow
This.

Katerine Nanos
Hey guys thanks for the replies!

A lot of the clubs in San Francisco have them, or the Mk3's... and sometimes have the 2000 Nexus. Again, I really only want to spend ~1k on something to learn on, I don't want to spend $3k on some gear to practice on.

Originally Posted by LoopCat
Do you know someone who has a pair of them? A little bit of practice is all you need to learn CDJ's they're pretty basic. Save your money and buy 2000 odd dollars worth of music instead.
I do know some people with them, however I feel like I won't REALLY get great on them unless I own some. Believe me, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere, considering I already have a Traktor setup

Originally Posted by botstein
Scott - Welcome!

Are you related to Brio as in the wooden train toys? I loved those.

I would skip the CDJs. I have some and I find that I just don't play CDs - I leave them home (at my father's house, actually). CD timecode just doesn't feel the way that the timecode vinyls do, either (scratching, etc).

I have a strong loss-aversion instinct and don't much like selling gear but if I could painlessly have money instead, as if by magic, I would take that deal.
Haha thanks dude, no relation to the blocks unfortunately. I've actually been on DJTT for a while, but I had a stupid user name and couldn't change it so I just made a new one

Would you suggest buying them to use them for a year or so and then resell them perhaps? Even knowing I would lose 1 or 2 hundred by then? I dunno, I just really want to be able to play on anything and not be tied to my S4
Ngoc Ninow
This.

Ming Devis
Do you know someone who has a pair of them? A little bit of practice is all you need to learn CDJ's they're pretty basic. Save your money and buy 2000 odd dollars worth of music instead.

Originally Posted by Scott Brio
Hey guys,

I have some extra money, as well as a tax return coming, and have been feeling like I need to get CDJ's. I spin a lot in the city, and have an S4 and Traktor, which I love, however I occasionally find some other DJ's get annoyed by having to 'setup' my S4 and laptop.

To me, it's the ultimate setup, but I would like to get to be great on CDJ's. Please don't reccommend I just buy 800's. If I buy CDJ's, I need to get the 1000 mk2's so that I'm not missing any features the club setup might have.

Also, I know I can practice with the S4 like it's a pair of CDJ's but again, I want to know the units inside and out.

I figure at the least I could buy them, play on them for a year or so, and then just resell them... thoughts?
Katerine Nanos
Hey guys,

Katerine Nanos
Hey guys thanks for the replies!

A lot of the clubs in San Francisco have them, or the Mk3's... and sometimes have the 2000 Nexus. Again, I really only want to spend ~1k on something to learn on, I don't want to spend $3k on some gear to practice on.

Originally Posted by LoopCat
I do know some people with them, however I feel like I won't REALLY get great on them unless I own some. Believe me, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere, considering I already have a Traktor setup

Originally Posted by botstein
Scott - Welcome!

I would skip the CDJs. I have some and I find that I just don't play CDs - I leave them home (at my father's house, actually). CD timecode just doesn't feel the way that the timecode vinyls do, either (scratching, etc).

I have a strong loss-aversion instinct and don't much like selling gear but if I could painlessly have money instead, as if by magic, I would take that deal.
Haha thanks dude, no relation to the blocks unfortunately. I've actually been on DJTT for a while, but I had a stupid user name and couldn't change it so I just made a new one

Would you suggest buying them to use them for a year or so and then resell them perhaps? Even knowing I would lose 1 or 2 hundred by then? I dunno, I just really want to be able to play on anything and not be tied to my S4
Alphonso Deitchman
Get the 800 Mk2s if you're on a strict budget, otherwise the Advanced HID control you get with the 900s and 2000s is much better than timecode.
Ngoc Ninow
This.

Ervin Calvery
Scott - Welcome!

Ming Devis

Originally Posted by Scott Brio
Hey guys,

Harley Zitka

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy