Traktor Scratch Pro to Traktor Scratch Pro 2 upgrade

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Traktor Scratch Pro to Traktor Scratch Pro 2 upgradeReply
Traktor Scratch Pro to Traktor Scratch Pro 2 upgrade
Posted on: 24.01.2013 by Pam Dard
I am currently running a Audio 8 with Traktor Scratch Pro with 2 Technics 1210s.
Would I be able to upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and use my old timecode vinyls or would I need new vinyls as well?

Your feedback is much appreciated!
Celestine Porebski
Originally Posted by HigherFi
Yeah, it was a new computer, new license, fresh install on everything. I tried it on my earlier license last evening and the MKIs worked fine. - Go figure. Again... something that NI could have disclosed.
There you have it. And they most certainly disclosed that, no surprises there.
Evie Baghdasarian
2.6 requires MKII timecodes.
Not true, I've been running 2.6 with MKI's for a while now.
Celestine Porebski
Originally Posted by Mike_08
Pretty sure that after the 2.5 update you need the Mk2 shiz.
I don't believe so, at least when they introduced the Mk2 control vinyls the official stance was that every owner of TSP (or TSP2 bought before the respective date) would still be able to use Mk1 timecode infinitely. I am still running 2.1.3 though, so I can't disprove nor confirm your assumption.
Pam Dard
I am currently running a Audio 8 with Traktor Scratch Pro with 2 Technics 1210s.
Would I be able to upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and use my old timecode vinyls or would I need new vinyls as well?

Your feedback is much appreciated!
Alline Henington
I upgraded and now on 2.6, mk1 works fine.
Mk1 still work for old serial numbers
Ka Rodenberger
ah...well i didn't bought, probs why I had to upgrade...then I realized that I could have just used my Pioneer CDJ's in HID USB mode so actually didn't really need scratch at all! double bummer!
Alphonso Deitchman
If you bought your scratch licence before 2.1.1 was released, you can still use Mk1 timecode. That's what everyone in this thread has been saying...
Ka Rodenberger
Hey from what I gather after v2.5 you need the Mk2 timecodes, I bought the Traktor scratch pro upgrade kit and have two MK2 vinyls, don't use em as I don't have Technics anymore. PM me if your interested in them.
Shan Bauerly
Meh, I can still hate on em...
Celestine Porebski
Yeah, it was a new computer, new license, fresh install on everything. I tried it on my earlier license last evening and the MKIs worked fine. - Go figure. Again... something that NI could have disclosed.
There you have it. And they most certainly disclosed that, no surprises there.
Shan Bauerly
Alphonso Deitchman
The time of install shouldn't have any effect, it's just which version of Traktor your serial was initially linked to when you bought it.
Shan Bauerly
Makes sense now. It was a fresh install.
Noelia Martig
If you owned tsp2 pre 2.03 you can use mk1 I believe. I still run mk1 but my original tsp 1.07 then upgraded to 2.03. I now run 2.6 with mk1 control vinyl still.
Delila Vandommelen
If you bought TSP when TSP2 wasn't around, then your license should allow both timecode media. That's what I have, bought the upgrade to TSP2 in 2011 and I can still play both old and new control vinyl on both my upgraded-lotsa-times-up-to-2.6 laptop and freshly-installed-and-upgraded-to-2.6 new laptop.

...and to be honest if I could easily get OG vinyl locally I'd use the privilege and play with that.
I don't trust mk2 records due to a rare playback speed glitch which has only happened to me *at gigs* and using the new vinyl, even though that was supposedly patched in 2.5.x (not played out with 2.6 yet, but it did happen with 2.5.1). In the meantime my OG vinyl is getting a little long in the tooth for absolute playback.
Alphonso Deitchman
Sounds like you have a newer TSP license that doesn't support MK1 timecodes; NI made their own version of timecode for MK2 to avoid being sued/paying royalties so they can't give out licenses for the MK1 anymore.
Shan Bauerly
Just another reason to hate on NI's Traktor team, dammit! I was having timecode signal issues after the upgrade and they, without reservation, stated that MKI timecodes were not compatible. MKII timecodes did solve my issue, however. Signal went from crap to 100%.
Evie Baghdasarian
Not true, I've been running 2.6 with MKI's for a while now.
Shan Bauerly
Elmer Kindinger
I'm running the most current version of TSP2 and have the Mk1 timecodes sitting in my draw but I don't use them so can't try them out. The only reason I have them is because they came with my A10 when I brought it off ebay.
Celestine Porebski
Originally Posted by Mike_08
I don't believe so, at least when they introduced the Mk2 control vinyls the official stance was that every owner of TSP (or TSP2 bought before the respective date) would still be able to use Mk1 timecode infinitely. I am still running 2.1.3 though, so I can't disprove nor confirm your assumption.
Elmer Kindinger

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy