Sell up my Technics 1210's and DVS for Pio 900 + Rekordbox??

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Sell up my Technics 1210's and DVS for Pio 900 + Rekordbox??Reply
Sell up my Technics 1210's and DVS for Pio 900 + Rekordbox??
Posted on: 16.02.2013 by Jeffrey Akinsanya
hi guys i used to dj about 4/5 years ago back then 1210's in clubs where quite common and still classed as industry standard!

i currently own a set of 1210's and SL3 im believeing about getting a more up to to date setup and ditch the laptop- the pioneer 900 with rekord box looks like the model i would go for. i want to try and get back in to djing at clubs / bars i just believe my timecode setup is alot of headache. also as i havnt used cdj's much it would give me a new platform to master.

what do you guys believe is it a good idea?
Jeffrey Akinsanya
Originally Posted by brichi
Just to add my 2 cents here being I did this exact thing, I purchased the cdj2000's years ago and now the own the Nexus players along with the DJM900, I use RB all the time, 2-3 jobs a weekend for the past 3 years and it has been fine for me, I use it both LINK'ed from my laptop to the setup and also for some smaller gigs just plug in my usb hard drive and play off that, Both ways work great.

with that said, Yes, RB is still a little buggy and Pioneer/Mixvibes are working out the issues, do the issues ever effect my live performance? No, definitely not, If it ever did even once, I would just go back to using serato.

In my opinion, to buy the CDJ2000 Nexus players to just control serato is a complete waste of money, If those are your intentions then either fond a good pair of the CDJ2000 mk1's for hundreds cheaper or buy cheaper players like the cdj900, Again, Just my opinion. The nexus adds no advantage when only using serato over the 2000mk1 decks.

again, i have used this setup for years so any questions you have (or anyone else), please feel free to ask, i have no problem helping out where i can
thanks for input/advice. i have no intention of using a cdj as a controller for serato if i bought cdj's i would out putting my serato up for sale. i still have proper vinyl so my 1210's wont be worthless / pointless and to be honest if i dont have a dvs it will make me buy more vinyl which is not a bad thing.

Nexus is out my price range at the moment! (ive got other commitments to spend my
Jeffrey Akinsanya
Just to add my 2 cents here being I did this exact thing, I purchased the cdj2000's years ago and now the own the Nexus players along with the DJM900, I use RB all the time, 2-3 jobs a weekend for the past 3 years and it has been fine for me, I use it both LINK'ed from my laptop to the setup and also for some smaller gigs just plug in my usb hard drive and play off that, Both ways work great.

with that said, Yes, RB is still a little buggy and Pioneer/Mixvibes are working out the issues, do the issues ever effect my live performance? No, definitely not, If it ever did even once, I would just go back to using serato.

In my opinion, to buy the CDJ2000 Nexus players to just control serato is a complete waste of money, If those are your intentions then either fond a good pair of the CDJ2000 mk1's for hundreds cheaper or buy cheaper players like the cdj900, Again, Just my opinion. The nexus adds no advantage when only using serato over the 2000mk1 decks.

again, i have used this setup for years so any questions you have (or anyone else), please feel free to ask, i have no problem helping out where i can
thanks for input/advice. i have no intention of using a cdj as a controller for serato if i bought cdj's i would out putting my serato up for sale. i still have proper vinyl so my 1210's wont be worthless / pointless and to be honest if i dont have a dvs it will make me buy more vinyl which is not a bad thing.

Nexus is out my price range at the moment! (ive got other commitments to spend my
Jeffrey Akinsanya

Jeffrey Akinsanya

Jeffrey Akinsanya

Jeffrey Akinsanya

Jeffrey Akinsanya

Jeffrey Akinsanya
Originally Posted by djproben
mmm be sure to post pretty pics before you pop them in storage!
Attachment 13896Attachment 13897Attachment 13898Attachment 13899Attachment 13900Attachment 13901Attachment 13902Attachment 13903
Danae Dumler
Originally Posted by MRG12EG
to be honest if i keep the 1210's id probably flight case them and put them in storage for 'Rainy days" the 1210's iown have been custom refurbed with a new paint job so i was believeing i might regret selling..
Arla Seniw
I got 2 CDJ2000's for
Alphonso Deitchman
I can recommend the CDJ 2000s if you're willing to buy used ones, only if there are some nearby you can try out in person though. You should be able to pick them up for under
Jeffrey Akinsanya
Originally Posted by xs2man
Don't believe I'd be buying off ebay unless they were really close personally. But thats a not bad price.

I find the cheapest deal online usually, then get my local DJ store to match their price, then they match the dv247 4 year warranty. Usually works out okay. Only lost a couple hundred quid on my CDJ350's after having them a year using this method.
yea i believe im decided i will get some CDJ's will keep my 1210's for strictly vinyl. im going to ditch time code.

are the 900's a good bet or will i get buyers remorse wishing i waited for 2000's
Jeffrey Akinsanya
RE: Nexus 900
I don't want to drop
Tamela Batara

I'm sure it will at some point. I don't want to drop
Jeffrey Akinsanya
Originally Posted by makar1
The CDJ 900s can play from any hard drive through USB formatted as FAT (no NTFS or HFS). They won't work over a network, and the ethernet port is just used either for linking CDJs together so they can share a USB drive, or linking them to a computer using an ethernet switch.

huh what you mean they wont work over a network?? i was going to plug them in to my network using a switch..?

edit : i believe i understand what your saying is i cant just access the mp3's off the network shares (NAS)
i would need rekord ox running on a pc/macbook

Nexus 900?? is this going to be released?
Alfredo Tooher
nice, definitely a lot to believe about, either way I am sure you will get what suits you best
Jeffrey Akinsanya

Alfredo Tooher

Jeromy Beacom
My brother had this option in mind and sold his mk5 1210s now hes devastated and decided to buy a another pair, id say keep them bro
Jeffrey Akinsanya
Originally Posted by djproben
Attachment 13896Attachment 13897Attachment 13898Attachment 13899Attachment 13900Attachment 13901Attachment 13902Attachment 13903
Danae Dumler
Originally Posted by MRG12EG
to be honest if i keep the 1210's id probably flight case them and put them in storage for 'Rainy days" the 1210's iown have been custom refurbed with a new paint job so i was believeing i might regret selling..
Arla Seniw
I got 2 CDJ2000's for
Alphonso Deitchman
I can recommend the CDJ 2000s if you're willing to buy used ones, only if there are some nearby you can try out in person though. You should be able to pick them up for under
Jeffrey Akinsanya
just like computers you can end up waiting and waiting for the new model!
i just watched a video on the nexus 2000's display look amazing!! personally i believe there a bit OTT for me, will cost be double a good set of used 900's!

if i actually want to play out again it might be a good thing i learn on the lower model as it'll will be a luxury playing on the 2000's
apart from Hot cues i dont believe there any thing else i would want/need.
Tamela Batara
I'm personally waiting to see what the 900 nexus will bring to the table. Hot-cues would be great, but I believe they will be reserved for the 2000. But I want the waveform display of the 2000 nexus. If the 900 Nexus is missing them, I will buy the 2000 Nexus personally.
Jeffrey Akinsanya
Don't believe I'd be buying off ebay unless they were really close personally. But thats a not bad price.

I find the cheapest deal online usually, then get my local DJ store to match their price, then they match the dv247 4 year warranty. Usually works out okay. Only lost a couple hundred quid on my CDJ350's after having them a year using this method.
yea i believe im decided i will get some CDJ's will keep my 1210's for strictly vinyl. im going to ditch time code.

are the 900's a good bet or will i get buyers remorse wishing i waited for 2000's
Tamela Batara

Jeffrey Akinsanya
I don't want to drop
Tamela Batara

I'm sure it will at some point. I don't want to drop
Jeffrey Akinsanya
The CDJ 900s can play from any hard drive through USB formatted as FAT (no NTFS or HFS). They won't work over a network, and the ethernet port is just used either for linking CDJs together so they can share a USB drive, or linking them to a computer using an ethernet switch.

huh what you mean they wont work over a network?? i was going to plug them in to my network using a switch..?

edit : i believe i understand what your saying is i cant just access the mp3's off the network shares (NAS)
i would need rekord ox running on a pc/macbook

Nexus 900?? is this going to be released?
Alphonso Deitchman
Jeffrey Akinsanya
i'll expand a bit giving a bit more information..

at home i currently have a home network with a desktop Pc (custom built), macbook, net gear NAS, my believeing was to get the 900's plug that in to my network and play mp3's off my NAS & PC no laptop needed.. when and if i get to play out again i would use usb sticks (x 2 just incase no link) / CD's. i also enjoy using ableton so that could be my alternative setup (but thats another thread).

im not very experienced in cdj's but have been using 1210's for years so i'm not worried i just want to be update so that if i do play out i'm confident.
Alphonso Deitchman
Ah I see, you meant using USB sticks. Rekordbox is perfectly fine for analyzing and prepping your tracks for USB sticks and for leaving the laptop out of the setup.

I wouldn't rely on using Rekordbox live though, which is done by linking up your CDJs directly to your computer by ethernet.
Tamela Batara
I would go with Advanced HID using Serato or Traktor with your CDJs, as Rekordbox is still very buggy.
You also get a lot more features that way.
This is true, but I see why you are trying to ditch the laptop. That is my intention also. I am awaiting news of CDJ 900 Nexus players before I decide what I am going to buy (900's or 2000's).

Presumably he is just running Rekordbox to prep the tracks, and play of USB if he is ditching the pc, so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

My intention is to just add them to my existing set-up. Allowing me to run 4 x vinyl / 2 x mp3 without pc, or with a pc, (2 x 1210's running vinyl, 2 running timecode and 2 CDJ's).
Jeffrey Akinsanya
I would go with Advanced HID using Serato or Traktor with your CDJs, as Rekordbox is still very buggy.
thats a bit disappointing i wanted to have a simpler setup i dont really like the idea of getting cdj's for HID i'd probably go the DJSX route instead due to cost.

what kinda bugs are you getting? is it in the software rather than on the usb's
Alphonso Deitchman
Jeffrey Akinsanya
in terms of rekordbox as an alternative to a dvs is it a solid buy?
Jeffrey Akinsanya
Expand rather than replace. Sell the Serato box and use real vinyl on the 12's, and add to it with the 900's.
Evelyn Navarijo
Expand rather than replace. Sell the Serato box and use real vinyl on the 12's, and add to it with the 900's.
Word
Tamela Batara

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy