Traktor Timecode vinyl is more slippery on one side?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Traktor Timecode vinyl is more slippery on one side?Reply
Traktor Timecode vinyl is more slippery on one side?
Posted on: 22.02.2013 by Precious Pequignot
Hi guys,

so i've been spinning on side b of my traktor timecode vinyl mk2 (black) i.e. side a with the traktor logo is down.

and decided to try the option of loading the next track when the tc vinyl is flipped.

Side a: 12min (with traktor logo only)
Side b: 17min

i've noticed that when side a is up (side b is down facing the platter) it is MUCH more slippery, huge difference. whereas when side b is up (side a, is down facing the platter) it is less slippery.

Is this normal ? and how will it affect my mixing/scratching?

on the same topic, where do u guys mark the traktor vinyl sticker on ur tc vinyl? the instructions are to place so that it points to the little marking "dot" on the vinyl. but i assume where i place it dosent matter?

thanks!
Nelida Ghouse
Originally Posted by Patch
Hey Vekked - I love the way you've Y'd up your Serato records for your routines!

Bring some of that turntablist knowledge to this site, mate!
Haha, I played with 1 sticker and 4 stickers on my records too but 3 stickers seems to be the most useful/easy to manage... it's possible to have too many marks.

Definitely down to help with any turntablist questions, but doesn't seem to be all that many around here (understandably, not exactly a tablist site).
Evie Baghdasarian
Originally Posted by dripstep
Your records are bowled. Theres a slight warp to them that makes them spin faster on one side.
Bingo. Just had this happen with one of my scratchy seal vinyls. It should be a warranty issue.
Precious Pequignot
Hi guys,

so i've been spinning on side b of my traktor timecode vinyl mk2 (black) i.e. side a with the traktor logo is down.

and decided to try the option of loading the next track when the tc vinyl is flipped.

Side a: 12min (with traktor logo only)
Side b: 17min

i've noticed that when side a is up (side b is down facing the platter) it is MUCH more slippery, huge difference. whereas when side b is up (side a, is down facing the platter) it is less slippery.

Is this normal ? and how will it affect my mixing/scratching?

on the same topic, where do u guys mark the traktor vinyl sticker on ur tc vinyl? the instructions are to place so that it points to the little marking "dot" on the vinyl. but i assume where i place it dosent matter?

thanks!
Emelina Chillson
There are two symptoms which cause this. The most common being a bowled record mention before. Also a smooth center sticker can have the same effect. Use the slipper side when scratching and over time you may notice it to pick up traction more. I have had the same issue with the timecode vinyls, but only with the MK2's which I found strange. I went through about 20 original timecode records with no issue. Im only 8 mk2 timecodes in and have come across 3 bowed records and the other 7 were due to overly smooth stickers. This last pair I removed the center sticker using iso and salt (if you do so, be sure to not get any iso or salt in the grooves. It will damage both the record and your needles) which solved the problem and made my clear timecode rekkids coompletely clear which looks awesome with a pair of custom slipmats.
Precious Pequignot
Thanks for the replies guys!

Awesome set Vekked!
Brunilda Kora
Vekked - you're gonna love this thread:

Who Scratches Here?
Nelida Ghouse
Originally Posted by Patch
Hey Vekked - I love the way you've Y'd up your Serato records for your routines!

Haha, I played with 1 sticker and 4 stickers on my records too but 3 stickers seems to be the most useful/easy to manage... it's possible to have too many marks.

Definitely down to help with any turntablist questions, but doesn't seem to be all that many around here (understandably, not exactly a tablist site).
Jeromy Beacom
iv had 3 sets of mk2 traktor vinyl and they have all been like this but just ads to the quirky vinyl experience,
Brunilda Kora
Originally Posted by Dripstep
Welcome to vinyl kids.

It's not all pretty album covers and slicing open the plastic with the side of your thumb!

Nelida Ghouse
In general it's just a risk you take buying vinyl... I don't believe the company is obligated to replace them (nor should they be) BUT you could try and if they're nice enough they'll hook you up, but it's kinda just something you have to deal with. It's caused by the actual record plant wrapping them too quickly to ship them out and the plastic creates a bowl warp.
Precious Pequignot
read it in another thread. mine are the pair of black vinyl mk2 that came with the tsp2 upgrade. does it qualify for a replacement?

oh yes how bout the vinyl marker sticker, must it correspond with the indicated dot?
Yong Aptekar
Welcome to vinyl kids.
Evie Baghdasarian
Originally Posted by dripstep
Your records are bowled. Theres a slight warp to them that makes them spin faster on one side.
Bingo. Just had this happen with one of my scratchy seal vinyls. It should be a warranty issue.
Yong Aptekar

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy