Burning tracks to Cds

Burning tracks to Cds
Posted on: 18.02.2013 by Chandra Lean
What is the best way to burn tracks to cds?

1 track/cd, 2 tracks?

Wav, Flac. etc...
Emelina Chillson
Originally Posted by dj eff
i used to do like 12 on a cd, burn at 4x, and make 2 copies,
burning at 4x makes a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee difference!!!
truth!
Augustine Mitzen
Originally Posted by makar1
You can't (realistically) choose between WAV and FLAC. Either you burn an uncompressed Audio CD (WAV quality), or you burn MP3s as a Data CD.

1 track/CD sounds ridiculous to me. I'd burn as many as you can fit onto a disc, and make 2 copies if you are unsure what order you'll want them in.
i burn mp3s to Audio CDs, i believe i'm revolutionary

i believe around 8 tunes per CD should be the maximum, when you burn more tunes per one, you're starting to limit yourself when mixng (if you don't burn doubles that is) and if you burn less, you quickly run out of cd's and space in the wallet, it's up to you to find the balance.
Chandra Lean
What is the best way to burn tracks to cds?

1 track/cd, 2 tracks?

Wav, Flac. etc...
Lisa Lochotzki
Yup agree with the previous. I used NERO for that for one reason... I could burn 2(or more) copy of the same CD at the same time, big time saver in the past. You just need the full version od the software and, in an ideal world, 2 (or more) CD burner of he same brand/model.
Emelina Chillson
Originally Posted by dj eff
burning at 4x makes a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee difference!!!
truth!
Reid Barreiro
burning at 4x makes A HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE difference!!!
Emelina Chillson
I burn cd's organized by artist. Two copies of each are burned. I print the album artwork and place it in the case with the cd. Coming from digging through crates of vinyl, this has made the transition easier.
Chandra Lean
ooh i never thought of burning a CD in the same Key,

I always do same genre, and low speeds.
Tamela Batara
It's not just how many tracks you burn per cd, but also what tracks you burn too. I imagine I would probably burn my cd's in Key & genre, so one cd is in one key, and the next in another and so on, but in the same genre. And doubles of each cd also.
Augustine Mitzen
Originally Posted by makar1
You can't (realistically) choose between WAV and FLAC. Either you burn an uncompressed Audio CD (WAV quality), or you burn MP3s as a Data CD.

1 track/CD sounds ridiculous to me. I'd burn as many as you can fit onto a disc, and make 2 copies if you are unsure what order you'll want them in.
i burn mp3s to Audio CDs, i believe i'm revolutionary

i believe around 8 tunes per CD should be the maximum, when you burn more tunes per one, you're starting to limit yourself when mixng (if you don't burn doubles that is) and if you burn less, you quickly run out of cd's and space in the wallet, it's up to you to find the balance.
Arie Kersjes
I try to get 10 tracks on each disc and keep two copies of each. I always burn at a rather slow speed, x4, but I can't for sure say it's necessary.
Jason Mcewing
Search around on youtube for interviews with big name djs and they usually do one release per cd, up to four tracks max.

If you want the bottom line, here's my advice - do that method if you are getting paid for gigs and if you have time for it. Because trust me, that stuff takes time (labeling/printing, burning, and even picking the right cd brand-taiyo yuden) If not, I suggest doing all audio discs with 8-10 tracks max on each disc, and even that gets cumbersome.

In the end, I just use Traktor with control discs and deal with using a laptop (I hate it).
Brunilda Kora
i was only burning one track/CD, then i quickly ran out of CD's and decided to rebelieve the burning process
Good believeing.
Chandra Lean
i was only burning one track/CD, then i quickly ran out of CD's and decided to rebelieve the burning process
Tamela Batara
As said above. As many tracks as you can squeeze on a CD, and burn 2 of them so you can mix and mash between them. I also use printable CD's and a CD printer for printing track-listings on the cd's.
Alphonso Deitchman

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy