single CDJ Mixing

single CDJ Mixing
Posted on: 08.03.2013 by Emma Cvetkovski
I was wondering if anyone used a similar set up....
Traktor X1
CDJ-850
Pioneer 2 channel Mixer

I don't do too much Mixing since I play mostly old school Salsa or Latin Jazz but when I do have to play dance music, I would like the opportunity to beatmatch or mix. My question, is there a way to hotswap the the Side playing from the cdj ala Serato so that I can then use the cdj to mix in a new song? It might be something simple, but I just havent thought of it....

This would ofcourse be in midi mode OR Timcode, NOT thumbdrive or CDs
Thanks in advance!
Emma Cvetkovski
I was wondering if anyone used a similar set up....
Traktor X1
CDJ-850
Pioneer 2 channel Mixer

I don't do too much Mixing since I play mostly old school Salsa or Latin Jazz but when I do have to play dance music, I would like the opportunity to beatmatch or mix. My question, is there a way to hotswap the the Side playing from the cdj ala Serato so that I can then use the cdj to mix in a new song? It might be something simple, but I just havent thought of it....

This would ofcourse be in midi mode OR Timcode, NOT thumbdrive or CDs
Thanks in advance!
Kira Menichetti
@t35t3r yeah i was wondering about this too, but i believe u should be fine in midi mode as long as you set the eject function to another button, and u can use eject to switch the cdjs.
Emma Cvetkovski
makar1:
This is what I really wanted to do but it seems that with the CDJ-850 only having MIDI that I have to preselct the deck via midi channels on the CDJ itself and cant map a deck focus key. Am I wrong?

hellnegative:
This is what I will probably end up doing now my question is, since I'm duplicating decks, atleast when I test out the setup at home through a locally connected speaker, the duplicating off decks makes it sound louder suddeny, will this happen through a mixer and sound card in a club setting? Also, I can set the ejct button to this function and it works, but it also ejects the disc or keeps trying to eject, anyway to make it NOT eject in PC mode?

Thanks guys!
Alphonso Deitchman
The CDJ 850 will only work with MIDI in Traktor rather than HID, which is the more suitable for your use anyway.

You can map everything to control deck A for example, then set up a modifier that will switch all the controls to deck B.
Emelina Chillson
yes. you can duplicate decks in both traktor and sera to. I'll post a video soon.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy