CDJ 850, DJM 900nxs and NI TRACTOR SCR PRO 2 only USB

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ 850, DJM 900nxs and NI TRACTOR SCR PRO 2 only USBReply
CDJ 850, DJM 900nxs and NI TRACTOR SCR PRO 2 only USB
Posted on: 12.03.2013 by Lanny Hagi
Hi Guys,

I've found a very interesting article at a Hungarian DJ's website how you can connect CDJ 850 and DJM 900 NXS and NI TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO sw only via USB and more. See http://www.djbear.hu/en/technical/co...nd-traktor-usb

What's your opinion of that? Have you ever tried that setup?

L
Lanny Hagi
Originally Posted by makar1
The CDJ 900 and 2000 support HID control over Traktor, whereas the CDJ 850 does not.

More info on HID here:

Thanks a lot for the info.
I double checked and asked Dj Bear again. He showed me that this setup really works with CDJ 850 decks too. I don't know how or why but you can check it out based on his description.
Lanny Hagi
Hi Guys,

I've found a very interesting article at a Hungarian DJ's website how you can connect CDJ 850 and DJM 900 NXS and NI TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO sw only via USB and more. See http://www.djbear.hu/en/technical/co...nd-traktor-usb

What's your opinion of that? Have you ever tried that setup?

L
Alphonso Deitchman
The 850s will still function as Traktor controllers but the integration and precision doesn't come close to the HID of the 900s and 2000.
With HID you get full track info on the CDJ screen including a waveform, BPM, track time, full playlist info etc. Basically everything you need to be able to close the laptop screen and mix purely on the hardware in front of you. Jog wheel performance will also be much tighter using HID rather than MIDI.

If you already have 850s, Serato would probably be a better option as it has HID integration with the 850s, whereas Traktor does not.
Lanny Hagi
I double checked and asked Dj Bear again. He showed me that this setup really works with CDJ 850 decks too. I don't know how or why but you can check it out based on his description.
Lanny Hagi
Originally Posted by makar1
The CDJ 900 and 2000 support HID control over Traktor, whereas the CDJ 850 does not.

More info on HID here:

Alphonso Deitchman

More info on HID here:

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy