CDJ and MixCDJvibes Cross 2.3

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ and MixCDJvibes Cross 2.3Reply
CDJ and MixCDJvibes Cross 2.3
Posted on: 10.02.2013 by Maricela Wyres
Anyone used Cross 2.3? I've heard it works seamlessly with CDJ's and I really want to get it for my CDJ-350/DJM-350/CDJ-350 set up...but there's not demo version available.

It's only a $100 bucks; but again, with software, it's hard to return if it doesn't work

Any experiences with it?

Virtual DJ is not for me and while Traktor is nice, I find it very hard to use and set up...

Thanks!
Jeffrey Akinsanya
Originally Posted by makar1
Traktor works great with the 900s, and you only need Pro so it's not so expensive.
seems so the key thing for me is managing 1 music library so when Rekordbox buddy 1.5 is out i believe i'll look in to using traktor
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by bassgoesmeow
A bit confused on a couple of things. Do I need an interface? Do I need to buy the whole Cross package or just the 2.3 update for $100?
You don't need an interface as the 350s have built-in sound cards. You can use them as MIDI controllers in pretty much any DJ software. I have no experience with Cross though.
Joya Heiberg
MIDI mode with the CDJ 350s will probably work better than timecode, so there's no need for an Audio 6 or Traktor Scratch.
A bit confused on a couple of things. Do I need an interface? Do I need to buy the whole Cross package or just the 2.3 update for $100?
Maricela Wyres
Anyone used Cross 2.3? I've heard it works seamlessly with CDJ's and I really want to get it for my CDJ-350/DJM-350/CDJ-350 set up...but there's not demo version available.

It's only a $100 bucks; but again, with software, it's hard to return if it doesn't work

Any experiences with it?

Virtual DJ is not for me and while Traktor is nice, I find it very hard to use and set up...

Thanks!
Jeffrey Akinsanya
Traktor works great with the 900s, and you only need Pro so it's not so expensive.
seems so the key thing for me is managing 1 music library so when Rekordbox buddy 1.5 is out i believe i'll look in to using traktor
Alphonso Deitchman
Jeffrey Akinsanya
i tested the free version and it doesnt fully integrate with rekordbox

seems like the thing i am actually looking for is "Rekord Buddy" which exports traktor playlist, grids etc to rekordbox. the 1.5 version in dev will be able to go both ways to and from..

so looks like trakor is on the cards but not until Rekord Buddy is out!!!
Jeffrey Akinsanya
i was just doing some research on the best way to integrate a software package in to my new cdj 900's with rekordbox, key thing for me is i only want to mange 1 library and im focusing on rekordbox as thats the route i want to take (usb - no laptop)!

i only just realised that mixvibes cross seems to be the solution as it fully integrates in to rekordbox and has midi / HID / DVS (for my tt's) + video support!!!!

ive not used it yet but from what ive read it seems to be a bit of a dark horse the feature lists look very capable

are there any other people who are using it ?

another plus point for me is cost as this offsets the high costs of the cdjs, seems like a no brainer hmmmm
Federico Vilas
mixvibes has a pretty good support community too...I moved from serato to mixvibes then to traktor, only thing I didn't like about mixvibes was the music organization which they fixed when they released cross
Cortez Pardew
It just works It's like you have a normal cd/usb stick in the cdj. You need the full cross version (with or without the soundcard) not the crossdj version.
It uses the internal pioneer soundcard (you can change that if you want under preferences) from the cdj's.

They have a community too if you want to know more.
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by bassgoesmeow
You don't need an interface as the 350s have built-in sound cards. You can use them as MIDI controllers in pretty much any DJ software. I have no experience with Cross though.
Joya Heiberg
MIDI mode with the CDJ 350s will probably work better than timecode, so there's no need for an Audio 6 or Traktor Scratch.
Alphonso Deitchman
Joya Heiberg
I currently have the same setup as Mirage. Dontjen what are some pros/cons? I was about to order an Audio 6 to use with Traktor Scratch before coming across this post.
Cortez Pardew
I have mixvibes 2.3, using it in HID mode with cdj850's, works perfect + you have "slipmode"

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy