noobie ?.. songs all loaded/analyzed in rekordbox, how to get them onto CDJ-2000nex?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: noobie ?.. songs all loaded/analyzed in rekordbox, how to get them onto CDJ-2000nex?Reply
noobie ?.. songs all loaded/analyzed in rekordbox, how to get them onto CDJ-2000nex?
Posted on: 18.03.2013 by Kandis Smollen
Hey, so I just got my 2x CDJ-2000 Nexus + 1x DJM-900 Nexus all hooked up and ready to go.. I have added all my tracks to the Rekordbox Collection, and they are all analyzed..

I am currently connected to the DJM-900 Nexus mixer via provided USB cable.. I'm looking to load up my first song into the CDJ's to see if everything is working properly, but when I press the "rekordbox" button on the top left of my CDJ, nothing appears there..

I know this is a noobie question, so forgive me, but how do I go about viewing my Rekordbox Collection on the on-screen CDJ display? Thanks for your help!
Valene Guasp
Its not that mate I assure you, I have just put a 900 in the main club I look after, the 800 has been running at 0db for the last 5 year but has had one too many drinks, does random shit and basically needs a new main board which is
Valene Guasp
Its not that mate I assure you, I have just put a 900 in the main club I look after, the 800 has been running at 0db for the last 5 year but has had one too many drinks, does random shit and basically needs a new main board which is
Valene Guasp
Valene Guasp
Valene Guasp
Valene Guasp
Valene Guasp
Valene Guasp
Alfredo Tooher
Originally Posted by lip5016
Hey, so I just got my 2x CDJ-2000 Nexus + 1x DJM-900 Nexus all hooked up and ready to go.. I have added all my tracks to the Rekordbox Collection, and they are all analyzed..

I am currently connected to the DJM-900 Nexus mixer via provided USB cable.. I'm looking to load up my first song into the CDJ's to see if everything is working properly, but when I press the "rekordbox" button on the top left of my CDJ, nothing appears there..

I know this is a noobie question, so forgive me, but how do I go about viewing my Rekordbox Collection on the on-screen CDJ display? Thanks for your help!
Hey lip, how did you make out?
Valene Guasp
Valene Guasp
Originally Posted by Audeo
If that's the case you might want to check that Funktion One setup again.
There's a different DAC in the DJM900NXS. More open, detailed, clearer and tighter. Not just "louder". Because the processor(s), amplifiers and PA take care of that.
Don't listen to everything Pioneer says or any other manufacturer, there not going to say there brand new replacement product is not that different from the old one are they?

Also i'm well aware what processors etc do but A/B an 800 and 900 and you will hear the 900 is louder
Venetta Cawyer
Originally Posted by Jeff Scott
Honestly the difference will hardly be noticeable as the DACs (Digital Analog Convertors) are high end in the CDJs and the mixer
That is complete nonsense. The CDJ1000MK3 has a completely different sound when it's digital vs analog.
The DJM800 sounds crap compared to the DJM900NXS or the DJM2000.
Of course, the bad sounding devices are old. At least, most Pioneer ones.

But even the CDJ2000 Nexus has a different sound when hooked up digital vs analog.
Doreen Schurle
Jynx :P

Personally I prefer the metal RCA plugs, but it makes no practical difference, just a question of personal taste
Doreen Schurle
Do you believe you could do me a huge favor and provide me a link as to what these coaxial cables look like? I searched for them on Newegg and it came back with a million results. Thanks!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hosa-DRA-501...item1e74eb2728

Just a pair of these; no need to spend silly money, it's digital so the signal either gets through or it doesn't.
Alfredo Tooher

Hey lip, how did you make out?
Valene Guasp
Venetta Cawyer
Sure, that's because nobody sets the master attenuator on the DJM900NXS to -6dB. Hardly anybody knows how to even do that on a DJM900NXS. It's set to 0dB by default.
On the DJM800 the default is -6dB.
Last but not least, the DJM900NXS sports a 32bit DAC on the master channel instead of the 24bit DAC on the DJM800's master out.
Valene Guasp
Originally Posted by Audeo
There's a different DAC in the DJM900NXS. More open, detailed, clearer and tighter. Not just "louder". Because the processor(s), amplifiers and PA take care of that.
Don't listen to everything Pioneer says or any other manufacturer, there not going to say there brand new replacement product is not that different from the old one are they?

Also i'm well aware what processors etc do but A/B an 800 and 900 and you will hear the 900 is louder
Mimi Mahaffee
well technically it can, but it wouldnt hurt to put down a few extra dollars on a screened cable.

regarding the sound of a djm 800 to 900 its quite a big difference actually. More than you ever would dream of regarding sound quality lies in the DAC and pre-amplifier which both is housed within a djm 800 or 900.

I would describe the sound of a djm 900 as clear, detailed, neutral and digitally clinical whereas the 800 sounds like it wants to be like the 900 but fails. Since what we believe sounds nice is subjective, some may like the extremely clear output of the 900, I myself prefer more punch in the bass, more groove and musicality like xone analogue mixers over the digital and sterile 900.
Venetta Cawyer
Absolutely. All I'm saying is that the included RCA's can also handle it.
Alphonso Deitchman
Using digital will reduce the number of conversions by 2, so quality will be slightly better and latency slightly lower. Surely that's worth $2?
Venetta Cawyer
Valene Guasp
There is no difference in sound quality between an 800 and a 900, i thought there was but this was proven to me through a full Funktion 1 system by a fellow sound tech, the only difference is the 900 is louder.
Venetta Cawyer
Originally Posted by Jeff Scott
Honestly the difference will hardly be noticeable as the DACs (Digital Analog Convertors) are high end in the CDJs and the mixer
That is complete nonsense. The CDJ1000MK3 has a completely different sound when it's digital vs analog.
The DJM800 sounds crap compared to the DJM900NXS or the DJM2000.
Of course, the bad sounding devices are old. At least, most Pioneer ones.

But even the CDJ2000 Nexus has a different sound when hooked up digital vs analog.
Valene Guasp
Venetta Cawyer
It's on the third page of the Pioneer CDJ2000 Nexus Manual.
Good luck.

Also, the provided RCA cables are sufficient. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise
But as a suggestion, hook them up to your digital (orange) connection. You'll only need one lead for that.

If you hook them up via analog (the red+white output) you get: CDJ >digital to analog converter > cable > analog to digital converter > mixer> Digital to analog converter > speakers/headphones
This will create a tiny bit of latency. It will also color your sound.

Using the digital out (the orange one), you get this: DJM > cable > mixer > digital to analog converter > speakers/headphone

Fewer conversions = Better.
Also, digital works or it doesn't. Analog can be sound crappy due to crappy wires.
TL;DR = Use the digital out. It rocks your socks off.

The provided RJ45 cable AKA ethernet cables together with a HUB or router to connect all the Pioneer devices. You can even hook up your computer/laptop to that same router and the CDJ's will be able to play tracks from your laptop.
You can even drag your tracks onto your CDJ's (which is awesome and way faster than navigating on the smaller CDJ screen).

I suggest you read the manuals of both devices because only then will you get to know your gear the best.
Mimi Mahaffee
well actually it is quite a difference. Since the djm 900 is a digital mixer it will benefit from getting a digital signal because there will be less a/d to d/a conversion.

Example;

u put digital file in cdj, it reads and plays it and IF connected via analogue output it converts digital to analogue.
If connected through digital out it just passes the data by in the digital domain to the mixer.

If djm 900 receives analogue signal it does convert it do digital and then to analogue out to your amplifier/ active speakers.
If there's less conversions along the audio chain it is going to sound better.
shit in shit out!

Why buy top end gear if your not gonna use it the best way..?
Valene Guasp
There is very little difference from using the normal cheap phonos supplied with the cdj and using digital ones so don't worry about that.

Ideally you need a network switch for it all to work properly everything linked to it via ethernet cables as stated above, you may get lucky using a router but it may not works due to certain routers traffic management
Alphonso Deitchman
Even cheaper here:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
Doreen Schurle
Jynx :P

Personally I prefer the metal RCA plugs, but it makes no practical difference, just a question of personal taste
Doreen Schurle
Do you believe you could do me a huge favor and provide me a link as to what these coaxial cables look like? I searched for them on Newegg and it came back with a million results. Thanks!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hosa-DRA-501...item1e74eb2728

Just a pair of these; no need to spend silly money, it's digital so the signal either gets through or it doesn't.
Alphonso Deitchman
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2m-Composi...item3f197ca32a
Kandis Smollen
Originally Posted by M.Beijer
You should not use the provided rca cables.

1. they dont link up your cdjs to mixer, they transfer analogue audio.
2.the quality of provided rca sucks.
3.you djm 900 have digital inputs, coaxial. Your cdjs have digital out. So you should go get 75 ohm coax cable for digital transfer for better quality and less cable hassle.

I assume you trying to connect your computor with -> usb -> djm 900. If i dont remember wrong you need a ethernet switch, hook up cdjs, djm and computor with ethernet cables to it according to the manual.

If I were you I would get a usb hard drive and sync the rekordbox library to it, then you wont need a computor at all.
By connecting this way you dont press rekordbox on the cdjs, because you use USB and link the other player.
Alphonso Deitchman
It's $6k for the setup on Guitar Center, and I'm sure there are cheaper places than that.

From the basic diagram on the Pioneer website, it seems that even with the WiFi feature the players still need to be connected to the network via ethernet cable. Only the computer/phone connection can be wireless
Mimi Mahaffee
You should not use the provided rca cables.

1. they dont link up your cdjs to mixer, they transfer analogue audio.
2.the quality of provided rca sucks.
3.you djm 900 have digital inputs, coaxial. Your cdjs have digital out. So you should go get 75 ohm coax cable for digital transfer for better quality and less cable hassle.

I assume you trying to connect your computor with -> usb -> djm 900. If i dont remember wrong you need a ethernet switch, hook up cdjs, djm and computor with ethernet cables to it according to the manual.

If I were you I would get a usb hard drive and sync the rekordbox library to it, then you wont need a computor at all.
By connecting this way you dont press rekordbox on the cdjs, because you use USB and link the other player.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by makar1
Maybe you shouldn't criticise if you don't have a clue either.

The Rekordbox application does not use USB; all the data transfer is handled over Ethernet. You can either use an ethernet hub to link your CDJs and mixer to your computer, or export all your music to USB sticks or SD cards to use directly in the players.

Edit: with the Nexus players you can also use Wifi to network them with your computer.

Where are you pulling this 7k figure from anyway?
Eeeek sorry, $7k.
Alphonso Deitchman
Maybe you shouldn't criticise if you don't have a clue either.

The Rekordbox application does not use USB; all the data transfer is handled over Ethernet. You can either use an ethernet hub to link your CDJs and mixer to your computer, or export all your music to USB sticks or SD cards to use directly in the players.

Edit: with the Nexus players you can also use Wifi to network them with your computer, but the players still need to be wired to the network with Ethernet as far as I can tell.

Where are you pulling this 7k figure from anyway?
Doreen Schurle
Don't assume that because you've spent
Kandis Smollen
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
Pretty sure you have to hook the CDJs up via USB as well.

All the gear and... :P
I'm not sure about that though, and here's the only reason why..

The CDJ's each came with only the following.. 1x RCA Cable, 1x LAN cable, 1x Iphone connector (USB > Iphone connector), and 1x Power Plug..

The DJM-900 came with 1x Power Plug, and 1x USB connector..

So basically, it seems as if the CDJ's are connected into the DJM mixer via RCA cables, and then the DJM mixer connects to the laptop via USB
Doreen Schurle
Pretty sure you have to hook the CDJs up via USB as well.

All the gear and... :P

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy