CDJ suggestions

CDJ suggestions
Posted on: 20.03.2013 by Coretta Arey
Hey guys im relatively new to this community but hopefully you can help me out. Ive been DJing for the majority of this year and dont really like the setup im working with (APC 40 mapped with collision mapping to traktor + audio 2) I want to upgrade to CDJs, however the cost is an issue. Would it be worth it to purchase a used set of CDJ 800 mk2s? Maybe 1000s would be a better option? Is the CDJ 800 way outdated or is it still a decent purchase? Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Coretta Arey
Hey guys im relatively new to this community but hopefully you can help me out. Ive been DJing for the majority of this year and dont really like the setup im working with (APC 40 mapped with collision mapping to traktor + audio 2) I want to upgrade to CDJs, however the cost is an issue. Would it be worth it to purchase a used set of CDJ 800 mk2s? Maybe 1000s would be a better option? Is the CDJ 800 way outdated or is it still a decent purchase? Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Terrence Cunningham
Yea man I just got a pair of 800MK2s off a guy on Craigslist for $250 a piece. They seem to be fine for learning CDJs. Sure the new ones have extra features and feel better and such, but they are really all the same in terms of learning how to use them. I feel like if you can mix on the older ones, you can de even better when you play out on newer models.

I got mine for $250 a piece and tested them at the guys place briefly, but I am experiencing some issues with them now that I am trying to fix myself. I've soldered a few new buttons onto the board which works great, but the other unit is experiencing freezing and random restarting and an error coe E-8709 occasionally. If I were you, I'd try to buy them from a friend or a company selling them used that has a warranty or return policy of some kind.

$500 a pair is super cheap, but I've now spent about $60 replacing parts. $560 is still a good price; I guess it could be a lot worse. At least I know the parts I'm putting in are brand new. Still, from what I gather, the error code I'm getting could be more than $100 to replace the part. I'm not even sure if it's worth replacing since they are older units.

My point is, try to buy them used somewhere other than Craigslist, and know that any little piece of these units can be replaced. So if you find a used pair that has some button or platter issues, it might be cheaper to buy them a little messed up and then fix them up yourself (if you have any experience with cars of computer repairing/diagnosing, it's not too difficult). The real expensive part about repairing the CDJs is typically the cost of a technician.
Augustine Mitzen
1000mk3s would be a better option but save for some extra features they are the same
Emelina Chillson
The 800 MK2's are fine. You can usually find em use din pawn shops (most pawn shops offer a 3o day money back guarantee and/or buyable warranty) for around 300 a piece.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy