CDJ 1000mk3 memory card issue

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: CDJ 1000mk3 memory card issueReply
CDJ 1000mk3 memory card issue
Posted on: 05.04.2013 by Jeffery Millering
Good day, fellow disc jockeys.

I have bought a pair of CDJ-1000mk3, and i really like working with them, one thing bothers me, though. I really want to get the most of the mk3's and memory card bonuses, such as cue points and loops are a huge asset, however, i cant get the memory cards working. As i've read on other community s and the mk3's manual, SD card should work. I bought a pair of SanDisk's SD cards with 2g. I've tried formatting them with atleast 4 formatting tools, few of them didn't even work. Anyways, i can't seem to find the problem. Maybe someone has gone through this, and could point me to the right direction, and answer wheter it malfunctions because of the SD card type, not MMC (Pioneer noted, that SD works) formatting tool or formatting type used (should be FAT32, but tried other types) Big thanks for the advice.

Peace and <3
Kiyoko Wellisch
Originally Posted by hellnegative
Did you use Rekordbox to transfer your music onto the SD Card?
CDJ1000s do NOT play tracks from the SD card or use Rekordbox.
Jeffery Millering
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
Have you tried formatting them with the CDJ itself?
Yes, nothing seems to have happened
Jeffery Millering
Good day, fellow disc jockeys.

I have bought a pair of CDJ-1000mk3, and i really like working with them, one thing bothers me, though. I really want to get the most of the mk3's and memory card bonuses, such as cue points and loops are a huge asset, however, i cant get the memory cards working. As i've read on other community s and the mk3's manual, SD card should work. I bought a pair of SanDisk's SD cards with 2g. I've tried formatting them with atleast 4 formatting tools, few of them didn't even work. Anyways, i can't seem to find the problem. Maybe someone has gone through this, and could point me to the right direction, and answer wheter it malfunctions because of the SD card type, not MMC (Pioneer noted, that SD works) formatting tool or formatting type used (should be FAT32, but tried other types) Big thanks for the advice.

Peace and <3
Emelina Chillson
ah. that makes sense.
Alphonso Deitchman
CDJ 1000s don't use Rekordbox. The card is for cuepoints/loops etc.
Kiyoko Wellisch
Originally Posted by hellnegative
CDJ1000s do NOT play tracks from the SD card or use Rekordbox.
Emelina Chillson
Ngoc Ninow
I had exactly the same problem when I bought my CDJs last summer. I tried all sorts, but I seem to recall the thing that worked for me, was putting the card in the CDJ and THEN powering it up. I may be incorrect, but if this helps, then awesome!
Jeffery Millering
Thank you for the tips, imma check it out!
Nevada Edgette
Definitely a card compatibility issue. One out of four of the SD cards I had worked, which was an older 2gb card.
Alphonso Deitchman
Are your cards SDHC or regular old SD type? The CDJ 1000s are only compatible with the older SD cards and SDHC/SDXC will not work.
Lynsey Kowalski
I had a similar problem, I believe it's with the cards being too big (2gb). I now use smaller cards I found lying around (32mb etc) and they work completely fine, at max storage the cdjs only take up like 12mb or something I believe.
Jeffery Millering
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
Yes, nothing seems to have happened
Jeffery Millering
Yeah, nothing happens
Kiyoko Wellisch

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy