Nota Nera / pimp my turntables UK

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Nota Nera / pimp my turntables UKReply
Nota Nera / pimp my turntables UK
Posted on: 05.05.2013 by Dedra Kreinbring
Anyone had any experience with either of these 2 companies?

Looking for some modded technics.

I am not so bothered about the paint etc as I believe lots of them look tacky, but I am interested in upgraded parts and tone arms etc.

Any experience anyone? I know Patch has done some himself, but just looking at options and I like warranty.
Dedra Kreinbring
I just want these so so bad.

248819_556559807694929_1676541645_n.jpg
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Patch
I had a real conflict when I installed the new tone arms in mine - do I colour code the tonearm base to the faceplate or not?
I'm not saying you made the wrong decision, but mine match and I believe it's pretty.

Never say never - your kid will eventually be able to not die around the turntables.
Clemmie Peton
Don't forget, any you buy from Nota Nera / pimp my decks will come with the original tonearms. All of mine have brand new, unused tonearms, and tonearm bases. (There was "a mis-hap" at the the powder coaters and they had to buy me 4 new tonearms!!!). Mine also come with pitch trims and graphics.

/sales pitch.
How do you do the pitch trims and graphics? Thats the only thing holding me back from repainting my decks
Dedra Kreinbring
Originally Posted by HigherFi
The REGA arms are very nice, but, have zero business on a DJ deck.
Are these upgrades more aimed at listening than DJing then?
Dedra Kreinbring
http://www.notanera.co.uk/html/mk51.html

I have only ever owned 1 pair of TT's and they were crappy Numark ones, so I am pretty nooby on tonearms etc.

Are these tonearms big upgrades? I know they are pretty pricey. Just trying to get an idea of what to look for.

Found some cheeky modded mk5's for
Dedra Kreinbring
Anyone had any experience with either of these 2 companies?

Looking for some modded technics.

I am not so bothered about the paint etc as I believe lots of them look tacky, but I am interested in upgraded parts and tone arms etc.

Any experience anyone? I know Patch has done some himself, but just looking at options and I like warranty.
Dedra Kreinbring
I just want these so so bad.

248819_556559807694929_1676541645_n.jpg
Dedra Kreinbring
Yeah sorry that is who I meant by pimp my turntables. They do nice stuff, but it is crazy expensive!
Hanna Ridenbaugh
http://www.turntablepimp.co.uk/

They do some cool stuff to.

Keen to see yours Patch.
Brunilda Kora
Putting them up v.soon...
Lynetta Stanislav
Patch do you have the decks listed on here that you are selling.
Ervin Calvery
I had a real conflict when I installed the new tone arms in mine - do I colour code the tonearm base to the faceplate or not?
I'm not saying you made the wrong decision, but mine match and I believe it's pretty.

Never say never - your kid will eventually be able to not die around the turntables.
Clemmie Peton
Don't forget, any you buy from Nota Nera / pimp my decks will come with the original tonearms. All of mine have brand new, unused tonearms, and tonearm bases. (There was "a mis-hap" at the the powder coaters and they had to buy me 4 new tonearms!!!). Mine also come with pitch trims and graphics.

/sales pitch.
How do you do the pitch trims and graphics? Thats the only thing holding me back from repainting my decks
Brunilda Kora
You just can't best an OEM Technics arm. That's why they are all still around.
I'm so glad someone else said it!

I had a real conflict when I installed the new tone arms in mine - do I colour code the tonearm base to the faceplate or not???

I chose not to in the end. The tonearms are never gonna be in better condition than when they left the factory - so I installed them straight from the box.
Shan Bauerly
Without question. You can go wacko with a REGA. This having been said, they can be a definite value proposition in the Hi-Fi TT market, especially their entry decks. My personal audio-snob deck is a REGA P9 with all the associated unobtanium sub-platters, whale snot bearing oil, heavy brass feet, ridiculous Liquid Audio interconnect cables, tube phono stage, et al. I mean, there's no way I'm playing $$$ records on a Shure White Label.

You just can't best an OEM Technics arm. That's why they are all still around.
Dedra Kreinbring
Are these upgrades more aimed at listening than DJing then?
Shan Bauerly
Dedra Kreinbring
http://www.notanera.co.uk/html/mk51.html

I have only ever owned 1 pair of TT's and they were crappy Numark ones, so I am pretty nooby on tonearms etc.

Are these tonearms big upgrades? I know they are pretty pricey. Just trying to get an idea of what to look for.

Found some cheeky modded mk5's for
Ilana Andretta
Yeap, Patch congrats for the baby. Save some energy cause you are gonna need it later on.
Brunilda Kora
Thanks! We can't wait!
Dedra Kreinbring
I had a feeling you might be the first to post but they do sound nice, and I am seriously tempted.

The tone arm was actually what I liked about nota nera, as they change them to different tone arms which they deem 'better'.

But yeah, they seem to be the only 2 actual companies that do it that I found.

Congrats on the baby btw.
Brunilda Kora
I bought the blue LED's for mine from Pimp My Decks. No issues whatsoever. I paid on ebay, and delivery was prompt.

Don't know about Nota Nera, though... But his MKII's are quite pricey.

Right now, the Technics mod market is a bit of a cottage industry. Each company is usually just one guy buying and modding, then re-selling. To be honest, I have considered doing it permanently - I could get a website set up easily enough. I'm an aero engineer (precision engineering) and the decks I've modded have been done to the highest standard.

BUT (big but, here!) - me and my girlfriend are having a baby in 4 weeks time, and I don't fancy having broken down turntables (and all of the small pieces that comes with them) around the house! So the 4 that I am selling will probably be the only ones I ever sell.

/sales pitch.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy