Question regarding CDJ900 Advanced HID

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Question regarding CDJ900 Advanced HIDReply
Question regarding CDJ900 Advanced HID
Posted on: 07.06.2013 by Elsie Golis
Hey all, I got myself a pair of CDJ900s and I'm pretty satisfied with their Advanced HID function in traktor.

Tho there are a few things that are kind of weird, for example the spinning LED in the center of the jogwheel is slightly more laggy in Advanced HID than in normal operation (USB stick or CD). The other annoying thing is that pressing the beat select button for the loops is acting differently aswell is this normal? I have to press the beat select twice to be able to select adequate values and then once to return to normal beat select.

Just a few things that made me wonder if this is normal? I wonder if the beat select thing can be remapped?

Obviously the reverse button and the break knob don't work but that's because traktor doesn't support those functions.

also flux mode can be mapped to the slip button but it doesn't work properly with loops triggered from the cdj, can anything be done about this aswell?
Elsie Golis
Hey all, I got myself a pair of CDJ900s and I'm pretty satisfied with their Advanced HID function in traktor.

Tho there are a few things that are kind of weird, for example the spinning LED in the center of the jogwheel is slightly more laggy in Advanced HID than in normal operation (USB stick or CD). The other annoying thing is that pressing the beat select button for the loops is acting differently aswell is this normal? I have to press the beat select twice to be able to select adequate values and then once to return to normal beat select.

Just a few things that made me wonder if this is normal? I wonder if the beat select thing can be remapped?

Obviously the reverse button and the break knob don't work but that's because traktor doesn't support those functions.

also flux mode can be mapped to the slip button but it doesn't work properly with loops triggered from the cdj, can anything be done about this aswell?
Tynisha Teeman
You can remap many of the controls, but I don't believe the break knob is one of them. I did a small remap to make flux mode work - https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1200. It works a bit differently than slip mode in normal operation. I also have remapped the reverse button to toggle browse mode, though Im not sure if that's in the map I uploaded.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy