DVS Setup for Mobile DJs?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: DVS Setup for Mobile DJs?Reply
DVS Setup for Mobile DJs?
Posted on: 20.06.2013 by Waldo Lessing
Its my favorite type of setup but would it be too much of a hassle for this or do you feel its worth it?
Federico Vilas
Originally Posted by dj stifffy
Depending on your mixing style and if you want to use a controller, one turntable is always an option. Something like an s4 and a 1200 allows you to cue quick, scratch a little, use vinyl with the least amount of gear and still have that badass turntable look
when I was in the process of getting my full setup again I did multiple gigs with one ttable and just used the duplicate option within traktor. I used the pitch bend keyboard shortcuts when needed and cued in the next track on my ttable...which when I got back into dj'ing was not a 1200...it was a numark ttx 500 and a mackie d.2 (non-pro) mixer. I started on serato, traded serato for traktor with a buddy of mine and NEVER looked back.

now, 3-4 years later I finally have a full setup. If I can just make time to produce my own music on the maschine I'd be good to go.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL
I use 1200s and tsp2 DVS for all my gigs... It's not so bad if you buy a Dj dolley to help lug it around. I also backup on my iPad and most times play everything off it until the main part of the gig.

I used to own a vci-100 and felt a little silly charging people for gigs. Though I am confident my mixes are good I've always got a better crowd response from my ttables. Easy conversation starter bc people don't see them around much in my part of town bc I'm not in Atlanta anymore.
This is so true lol... Happened with me locally at one of my gigs.. I used to use only CDJ's for a while but the second we brought out my buddies 1200's, it became a hit. People love to see records spinning right in front of them.
Waldo Lessing
Its my favorite type of setup but would it be too much of a hassle for this or do you feel its worth it?
Yong Aptekar
If you've got cases/coffin, turntables for DVS imo. If not, a friend of mine used to haul his mixer and cdj350 around in travel luggage. Its not hard to get foam and cut it to fit everything and protect it.

Crowd pleaser though: if they can see your table, people love rotating platters. Turntables are a hit because most people equate them with DJing. A lot of people couldn't tell you the difference between the old rack mount cd players and cdjs.
Rena Estabrook
1200s and Serato. It's not too bad in a battle position coffin and a 10" mixer.
Federico Vilas
Originally Posted by dj stifffy
Depending on your mixing style and if you want to use a controller, one turntable is always an option. Something like an s4 and a 1200 allows you to cue quick, scratch a little, use vinyl with the least amount of gear and still have that badass turntable look
when I was in the process of getting my full setup again I did multiple gigs with one ttable and just used the duplicate option within traktor. I used the pitch bend keyboard shortcuts when needed and cued in the next track on my ttable...which when I got back into dj'ing was not a 1200...it was a numark ttx 500 and a mackie d.2 (non-pro) mixer. I started on serato, traded serato for traktor with a buddy of mine and NEVER looked back.

now, 3-4 years later I finally have a full setup. If I can just make time to produce my own music on the maschine I'd be good to go.
Loralee Erban
Ninfa Mazariegos
It's kind of a pain in the ass because of all the added cables and flight cases. It takes me about fifteen minutes to set up all my hardware and about 30 to wire it all up. I did the ground wire delete mod and added 4.5' cables to my technics to help save time and give better versatility. I also got an eight plug multicolor rca snake for between my mixer and soundcard to reduce cables and reduce confusion. I also switched from a wireless mic to a cabled one to also reduce cables and speed up setup time. I also use a minidsp dsp instead of a rack of eq's, crossovers, and other rack gear to save space, time, and my back. So there is a lot of little things that you can do to make a dvs setup doable in a mobile rig.
Ninfa Mazariegos
I agree on the turntables being a crowd favorite. I did a 50th birthday party at a vfw two weeks ago playing 60's and 70's rock on vinyl, and they loved that I was playing the same records that they listened to when they were young. Then later in the evening I switched to dvs and the younger crowd made a circle around me as I scratched over some trap. The best part was seeing the 50 year olds twerking to it lol.
Gaynell Rydberg
There's the Denon SC3900 too if you really want the motorized platter.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL
I use 1200s and tsp2 DVS for all my gigs... It's not so bad if you buy a Dj dolley to help lug it around. I also backup on my iPad and most times play everything off it until the main part of the gig.

I used to own a vci-100 and felt a little silly charging people for gigs. Though I am confident my mixes are good I've always got a better crowd response from my ttables. Easy conversation starter bc people don't see them around much in my part of town bc I'm not in Atlanta anymore.
This is so true lol... Happened with me locally at one of my gigs.. I used to use only CDJ's for a while but the second we brought out my buddies 1200's, it became a hit. People love to see records spinning right in front of them.
Federico Vilas
I am saving up for a CDs setup so I don't have to deal with commuters anymore on gigs. Ima use the 1200s at home and Cdjs on gigs
Federico Vilas

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy