How do you organize your music for playing live?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: How do you organize your music for playing live?Reply
How do you organize your music for playing live?
Posted on: 28.06.2013 by Bernard Pulizzi
hello all.

I'm a cdj user who is looking to begin the long process of properly organising my tracks for practice, neatness and live playability.

my question to you, is how do you organize yours? I am not adverse to using CDs, quite the opposite, since I can't really see how I'd organise my usb sticks.

I quite like the idea of one track per cd and then organising tracks into folders by genre, then within the folder organising by intensity/favouritism (crowd and my own).

how do you sort yours?
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by DeanOakley
I only ever use USB/SD card with a couple of CDs as backups.

I normally just create a playlist for each event with roughly what I believe will work, normally between 40-50 tracks for an hours set.

I usually don't delete my playlists so on the odd chance that something different is needed I can always use a different set of tunes.

Regarding my backup CDS, I have 10 tracks on each with 2 copies of that CD.
I used to have 2 copies of each Cd, but then it got costly lol.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by kbridge
So you guys all use CD opposed to USB sticks?
I have both options ready to go.. When I have my personal gear out I use cds... When I use anyone else's gear I roll with my usb
Dia Laryea
I believe USB is more of a backup, but some people prefer USB.
Bernard Pulizzi
Originally Posted by Kwal
My cds vary from having 4-10 tracks per disc... Usually they'll be filled with songs from the same specific genre. I label each cd with the track name and artist and just flip through the pages until I find what I want. I have a large collection, but I don't take them all out. I'll just grab what's appropriate for the type of venue I'm at.
Bernard Pulizzi
hello all.

I'm a cdj user who is looking to begin the long process of properly organising my tracks for practice, neatness and live playability.

my question to you, is how do you organize yours? I am not adverse to using CDs, quite the opposite, since I can't really see how I'd organise my usb sticks.

I quite like the idea of one track per cd and then organising tracks into folders by genre, then within the folder organising by intensity/favouritism (crowd and my own).

how do you sort yours?
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by DeanOakley

I normally just create a playlist for each event with roughly what I believe will work, normally between 40-50 tracks for an hours set.

I usually don't delete my playlists so on the odd chance that something different is needed I can always use a different set of tunes.

I used to have 2 copies of each Cd, but then it got costly lol.
Loyd Cilek

Hellen Mindrup
I have both options ready to go.. When I have my personal gear out I use cds... When I use anyone else's gear I roll with my usb
Dia Laryea
I believe USB is more of a backup, but some people prefer USB.
Bernard Pulizzi
Originally Posted by Kwal
My cds vary from having 4-10 tracks per disc... Usually they'll be filled with songs from the same specific genre. I label each cd with the track name and artist and just flip through the pages until I find what I want. I have a large collection, but I don't take them all out. I'll just grab what's appropriate for the type of venue I'm at.
Hellen Mindrup
Jacqualine Cieplik
3 Tracks Per CD X 2
Identified with Key
All Keys are Colour Coded
Dia Laryea
I organize my songs by genre and BPM.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy