Is it hard to go back?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Is it hard to go back?Reply
Is it hard to go back?
Posted on: 21.08.2013 by Marcelina Hanaway
Every now and then, I get the urge to sell off my CDJs and just get some X1s or something similar. For people who have made the digital transition, is it difficult to hop back on CDJs (or even vinyl), after taking a good amount of time off?
Marcelina Hanaway
Every now and then, I get the urge to sell off my CDJs and just get some X1s or something similar. For people who have made the digital transition, is it difficult to hop back on CDJs (or even vinyl), after taking a good amount of time off?
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Took a 3 month break from my turntables recently but found that nothing had been lost. If anything I was more enthused.
Having said that I've been spinning for 20 years so wouldn't expect to have lost the muscle memory.
Temple Cervelli
This is a transition that I have recently made, from starting on vinyl, then moving to CDJS, and just recently I made a huge step in selling my CDJs, purchasing an Xone 92 mixer, and just using Traktor, 2 X1s and Maschine, with my MBP. I was worried about leaving the jogwheel... But learnt to just beat grid all my tracks, I still have turntables so I have a little mix now and again, because I admit, i got rusty, so I just want to go back ever so often and keep the feel for manual beatmatching.
Margie Pavell
What I missed was having a physical mixer. So I bought one and went with an X1 and an LPD8. Very comfortable and very portable.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
someone get him a sync button and a controller.. haha REWIN' SELECKTA!! at about 23 mins

ROFL... He got kicked off!
Jerica Salava
no matter what, you'll never be this bad ever again:

Marcelina Hanaway
Cool, glad to hear positive things. If I can't get a good deal for my CDJs, might just have to pick up a pair of mk2s.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
vinyl is easy, I'd say you would maybe lose the timing and co-ordination for scratching, but beatmatching should return in a couple of minutes. I sold my decks and had a two year stint on controller only, then got sick of that so got some new tables.
Hellen Mindrup
I would say your vinyl skills would deteriorate a bit, not saying you wouldn't be able to get them back.... But yeah. Cdjs I feel like once you learn them, you're good. I took a break from djing as a whole for like 3 years and I got it back for the most part within a few minutes.
Sonja Roybal
You'll be rusty, but it's like riding bike. Once beat matching clicks in your head, it's kind of always there.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy