Technics 1210 Mk2 Unstable Pitch

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Technics 1210 Mk2 Unstable PitchReply
Technics 1210 Mk2 Unstable Pitch
Posted on: 04.02.2013 by Jeni Jeter
Hey DJTT Forum Members,

I am having an issue with my Technics 1210 Mk2. This is my first turntable so excuse my way of explaining this. The problem is that when i am spinning, the deck in TSP is showing a jumping BPM from 128.0-140.0 when the original bpm is 128.0. I checked the dots and they aren't acting steadily like they should be. I need to know how to fix this issue as it wasn't an issue when i bought it. Thanks!
Casandra Bokhari
I believe I have the same issue you are having.

I going to tell you what
Casandra Bokhari
I believe if got the same problem aswel.

I tell you what
Casandra Bokhari

I going to tell you what
Casandra Bokhari

I tell you what
Casandra Bokhari

I going to tell you what
Casandra Bokhari

I tell you what
Casandra Bokhari

I going to tell you what
Casandra Bokhari

I tell you what
Casandra Bokhari

I going to tell you what
Casandra Bokhari

I tell you what
Casandra Bokhari

I going to tell you what
Casandra Bokhari

I tell you what
Jeni Jeter
Originally Posted by Tornesoul
faulty motor/platter or pitch? i'm rly not sure man. if the dots go clockwise, ur pitch is in the + range. what happens when u move ur pitch slider?

its on 33rpm right? though that shouldnt cause the increase in pitch..

maybe u can try readjusting the pitch button under ur platter. search on youtube for some vids. but if it goes haywire when the green light is on, and slider is at 0, ur quartz lock might be broken.
Im sorry, i just tested it again and its not really going "haywire" its more of just dots moving incorrectly, slowing down, speeding up. The dots that aren't suppose to move at 0, are moving, not erratically but they are defiantly moving. Thanks.
Jeni Jeter
Originally Posted by jayo
Take the ground wire from the table and attach it to the ground post on the back of the mixer. This should be standard issue stuff when hooking up tables.
Oh yeah, i already did this. Im still having issues though. Thanks.
Jeni Jeter
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
This video helped me fix the pitch issue with my mk2.

Yeah i saw this video but i noticed he said its only when he changes the pitch. Mine is when its set on 0 (green light). But im not sure if its the same thing or not? Thanks for the reply.
Jeni Jeter
are the large platter dots (3rd from top down) going haywire when ur pitch is at 0? i.e. quartz lock and green light is on?

are the dots going clockwise? or stationary?
Yes they are going haywire when the pitch fader is set at 0, with the green light on. I will check if the dots are going clockwise when i get home. Thanks for the reply.

Check your ground, I believe this can be an issue of an improperly grounded table.
This table has not been grounded yet. How could i do this? Thanks for the reply.
Precious Pequignot
Originally Posted by Diioh123
Hey DJTT Forum Members,

I am having an issue with my Technics 1210 Mk2. This is my first turntable so excuse my way of explaining this. The problem is that when i am spinning, the deck in TSP is showing a jumping BPM from 128.0-140.0 when the original bpm is 128.0. I checked the dots and they aren't acting steadily like they should be. I need to know how to fix this issue as it wasn't an issue when i bought it. Thanks!
are the large platter dots (3rd from top down) going haywire when ur pitch is at 0? i.e. quartz lock and green light is on?

Jeni Jeter
Hey DJTT Forum Members,

Casandra Bokhari

I going to tell you what
Casandra Bokhari

I tell you what
Shan Bauerly
Where is the zero?
Jeni Jeter
faulty motor/platter or pitch? i'm rly not sure man. if the dots go clockwise, ur pitch is in the + range. what happens when u move ur pitch slider?

maybe u can try readjusting the pitch button under ur platter. search on youtube for some vids. but if it goes haywire when the green light is on, and slider is at 0, ur quartz lock might be broken.
Im sorry, i just tested it again and its not really going "haywire" its more of just dots moving incorrectly, slowing down, speeding up. The dots that aren't suppose to move at 0, are moving, not erratically but they are defiantly moving. Thanks.
Precious Pequignot

Jeni Jeter
Take the ground wire from the table and attach it to the ground post on the back of the mixer. This should be standard issue stuff when hooking up tables.
Oh yeah, i already did this. Im still having issues though. Thanks.
Jeni Jeter
Originally Posted by fokaisnake

Yeah i saw this video but i noticed he said its only when he changes the pitch. Mine is when its set on 0 (green light). But im not sure if its the same thing or not? Thanks for the reply.
Evie Baghdasarian
Jeni Jeter

Yes they are going haywire when the pitch fader is set at 0, with the green light on. I will check if the dots are going clockwise when i get home. Thanks for the reply.

Check your ground, I believe this can be an issue of an improperly grounded table.
This table has not been grounded yet. How could i do this? Thanks for the reply.
Precious Pequignot
Originally Posted by Diioh123
Hey DJTT Forum Members,

Nevada Edgette

Evie Baghdasarian

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy