Digital Vinyl setup HELP??????????

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Digital Vinyl setup HELP??????????Reply
Digital Vinyl setup HELP??????????
Posted on: 29.08.2013 by Marianne Salway
I have decided to move to digital vinyl, and I am confused on how I set it up, before I go and buy an external audio interface, I would like some advice, I am currently trying to set up my laptop so that it is plugged into the audio interface and then from that into the mixer and then have my turntables into the mixer, so I can use timecode, now I reckon that part will be easy but I want to have the sound from the software I use 'Virtual DJ' on my laptop to come out of my headphone jack on my laptop so then I can plug my laptop speakers in, until I get a new set of amps etc, now I was believeing of getting the 'numark stereo io' until I have the money for a more professional one, now I reckon if it's possible I could figure it out once I buy the 'stereo io', but I would like someone to perhaps give me instructions of some sort?? It would mean a lot if someone could help me out
Monty Doubt
Originally Posted by Numzean
I have decided to move to digital vinyl, and I am confused on how I set it up, before I go and buy an external audio interface, I would like some advice, I am currently trying to set up my laptop so that it is plugged into the audio interface and then from that into the mixer and then have my turntables into the mixer, so I can use timecode, now I reckon that part will be easy but I want to have the sound from the software I use 'Virtual DJ' on my laptop to come out of my headphone jack on my laptop so then I can plug my laptop speakers in, until I get a new set of amps etc, now I was believeing of getting the 'numark stereo io' until I have the money for a more professional one, now I reckon if it's possible I could figure it out once I buy the 'stereo io', but I would like someone to perhaps give me instructions of some sort?? It would mean a lot if someone could help me out
I really really recommend you save your money and go for a better sound card. If you don't then you will be wishing you had every day.
However, if you are determined to buy a cheap sound card then I would personally go for the maya44 usb.
I used this as a temporary card for about 6 months and was more than happy with it. The only issue I had was that it didn't have a better 'line in amp'.
The other thing to believe about is carts and stylus.
They REALLY make a difference to the timecode signal volume. I have found the best carts/needles for really good timecode signal (for me at least) and the autofon concorde range (I personally use the pink ones).

The actual setup of soundcards for timecode is really simple. Decks go into the input channels of your soundcard, then you attach your outputs from your soundcard to your mixer where your decks would normally go.
Hope this helps.
Marianne Salway
Lovetta Arendall
Your best bet is probably Traktor Scratch A6. It's a little more than a used SL1 but has a much nicer output.
Addie Engbrecht
Not even sure that sound card will work. It needs to have 2 sets of phono inputs and 2 sets of outputs for it to work with that setup. Best cheap yet professional options I can believe of off hand would be a used Audio 4 DJ or a used Rane SL1 (Serato software is free which is a bonus with this card). Anyways the turntables connect to the phono inputs on the soundcard, each mixer channel is connected to a set of outputs on the soundcard, and the computer is connected to the soundcard via USB. If your computer speakers use the headphone jack look into getting something like this http://www.audiogurus.com/3-5mm-ster...FTDNOgodWxUAbg
Monty Doubt
Originally Posted by Numzean
I really really recommend you save your money and go for a better sound card. If you don't then you will be wishing you had every day.
However, if you are determined to buy a cheap sound card then I would personally go for the maya44 usb.
I used this as a temporary card for about 6 months and was more than happy with it. The only issue I had was that it didn't have a better 'line in amp'.
The other thing to believe about is carts and stylus.
They REALLY make a difference to the timecode signal volume. I have found the best carts/needles for really good timecode signal (for me at least) and the autofon concorde range (I personally use the pink ones).

The actual setup of soundcards for timecode is really simple. Decks go into the input channels of your soundcard, then you attach your outputs from your soundcard to your mixer where your decks would normally go.
Hope this helps.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy