Customized 1200's

Customized 1200's
Posted on: 19.12.2011 by Tashia Mcdunn
I was looking through some ebay postings for custom 1200's and came across a set that had been powder coated instead of painted.

Anyone have any experience with having any gear powder coated?
Diann Sharpe
Originally Posted by jimbrowski00
hmm... thats something i was a little afraid of.

Was the build up something you could have sanded down a bit to make fit?

I was believeing of painting instead PC again because I just got a set of dicers and was believeing of having them painted at the same time i get the tables done.

Anyone else with Powder Coat vs Paint thoughts?
IM GOING TOMORROW AND MY GUY IS GOING TO PUT INTO 400 degree oven will the metal survive ?
Tashia Mcdunn
Originally Posted by DjZzeless
Take them apart and take them to get powder coated, should run about $100.
I powder coat stuff all the time, stuff lasts forever........
Thanks for the info... yeah I just ordered a new tonearm and some leds... going to pick up a good set of RCA's and get them all refreshed while I get the chassis powder coated.

I'm also believeing of doing the quarts lock disable to them while they're apart!
Tashia Mcdunn
Look up 'AY Customs' on FB, they have what you need!
Those are the ones I saw on Ebay.. they do look nice.

But I'm looking to powder coat my tables... not to pick up a new set
Tashia Mcdunn
Originally Posted by Nicadraus
Yes. I have some 1200s' base frame powder coated. But I had that done because it served as primer coat to the one I usually paint. Much better than oridnary acrylic primer epoxy but costs double.
What kind of cost roughly are we talking about?

I saw a set on ebay that had the platters powder coated and wanted to do the same with mine, is that going to cause me any issues or is there something to look out for?
Osvaldo Newhall
I was looking through some ebay postings for custom 1200's and came across a set that had been powder coated instead of painted.

Yes. I have some 1200s' base frame powder coated. But I had that done because it served as primer coat to the one I usually paint. Much better than oridnary acrylic primer epoxy but costs double.
Tashia Mcdunn

Yong Aptekar
For powder coating, it works by static, so if you take your parts to a reputable powder coater, you shouldn't have any buildup
If you paint them yourself, you might get some build up, because you will have to paint in layers. That being said, there's no reason you can't paint them yourself, nut powder coating will give you a more durable finish.
Diann Sharpe

I was believeing of painting instead PC again because I just got a set of dicers and was believeing of having them painted at the same time i get the tables done.

IM GOING TOMORROW AND MY GUY IS GOING TO PUT INTO 400 degree oven will the metal survive ?
Noelia Martig
I will plug a friends place.

http://www.djhenraycustoms.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dj-...300065?sk=wall

Does great work and fast turnaround time.
Tashia Mcdunn
So I was looking into what to use to replace the RCA's.

I'm leaning towards Canare cable with Canare RCA's. It would be a four wire Mic cable that splits to two cables each with a Canare F10 Connector.

My question is how is the splice between the two cables done?

[ame]http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w234/Soulsonica/TT_case_mod_4.jpg[/ame]

here's a link to a pic of what i'm looking to do minus the XLR this guy put on one end.
Karolis Petrauskas
^^ Good idea.
Tillie Sliman
I'm planning on having mine powdercoated, gotta find a shop around here that has experience with precision type work so the surface tolerances don't get built up to the point that it doesn't fit together anymore.
Tashia Mcdunn

Karolis Petrauskas
I powder coated my decks and had an issue with one. One looks awesome and the powder coat is super strong. The issue I had with the other deck is that when I put it back together some of the parts didn't fit correctly and it caused the paint to chip. If you do it be careful of the buildup of the paint. In my opinion Car paint looks better and may be easier when putting it back together.
Tashia Mcdunn
Thanks for the info... yeah I just ordered a new tonearm and some leds... going to pick up a good set of RCA's and get them all refreshed while I get the chassis powder coated.

I'm also believeing of doing the quarts lock disable to them while they're apart!
Freddie Henrichs
Tashia Mcdunn
Those are the ones I saw on Ebay.. they do look nice.

But I'm looking to powder coat my tables... not to pick up a new set
Freddie Henrichs
Tashia Mcdunn
Originally Posted by Nicadraus
What kind of cost roughly are we talking about?

I saw a set on ebay that had the platters powder coated and wanted to do the same with mine, is that going to cause me any issues or is there something to look out for?
Carlee Pickard
Yeah, there are a bunch of these on Ebay as far as I have seen.
Osvaldo Newhall

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy