Get semi pro gear on a limited budget ?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Get semi pro gear on a limited budget ?Reply
Get semi pro gear on a limited budget ?
Posted on: 18.09.2013 by Karleen Bidelman
So I've gotten back in to trade after almost 10 years.

I first bought myself a Numark Mixtrack pro just to play around with at home, since then I've traded up to the Numark N4. It's not a bad controller in it's price range, with some mapping tweeks it's a rather compentent companion to Traktor 2.
All though I miss the feeling of the pro gear I became used to back in the day, (well back in the day Numark was pro gear ). I went from SL1200 through Denon DN-2000 and ended up with the then brand new concept from Pioneer the CDJ and DJM 500.

So to the question;

I'm on a very slim budget so CDJ2000 or even 900 or 850 isn't an option, what I'm considering is to get a pair of second hand 800Mk2 or 1000Mk3 to start withm, using them with timecode cds together with my N4 as it do support timecode on it's 2 analogue channels. then when I can afford it get my hands on a better mixer unit, and maybe the NI X1.

So what do you believe is this an reasonable alternative, or would it just be a waist of money?
Pros and Cons, I'd love to here what you guys have to say.
Karleen Bidelman
So I've gotten back in to trade after almost 10 years.

I first bought myself a Numark Mixtrack pro just to play around with at home, since then I've traded up to the Numark N4. It's not a bad controller in it's price range, with some mapping tweeks it's a rather compentent companion to Traktor 2.
All though I miss the feeling of the pro gear I became used to back in the day, (well back in the day Numark was pro gear ). I went from SL1200 through Denon DN-2000 and ended up with the then brand new concept from Pioneer the CDJ and DJM 500.

So to the question;

I'm on a very slim budget so CDJ2000 or even 900 or 850 isn't an option, what I'm considering is to get a pair of second hand 800Mk2 or 1000Mk3 to start withm, using them with timecode cds together with my N4 as it do support timecode on it's 2 analogue channels. then when I can afford it get my hands on a better mixer unit, and maybe the NI X1.

So what do you believe is this an reasonable alternative, or would it just be a waist of money?
Pros and Cons, I'd love to here what you guys have to say.
Lean Hostetler
You can't go wrong with either the 800MK2 or 1000MK3, the 1000MK3 has the ability to store hot cues and has a waveform on the display, some DJ's find it useful. I currently use the 800MK2 and highly recommend them, you get near enough 95% of whats on the 1000MK3 for near enough half the price...
Alphonso Deitchman
Get turntables if you want to use timecode.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy