help decide cdjs

help decide cdjs
Posted on: 12.09.2013 by Laurel Slazyk
this has probley been asked a million times.

im a controller guy. ive been using an S4 for couple years and SX for several months. I really want a CDJ setup (preferably pioneer).

since im huge on controllers having cdjs play through software is not a huge deal for me although i wouldnt mind having that option available. I do like the idea of rekordbox however. price is not a huge huge deal. the whole point of this is to get a good feel for cdjs and a proper understanding of them so that im more versatile with different gear .

so my question is which cdjs best suit what i am going for? do i need to go all out and get a brand new setup or should i look for some used 1000's and get a proper cdj feel from them? im not huge on spending money on old technology i would sort of like to get something thats a little more up to date and practical in a sense (usb. vs burning cd's).

i just dont want to regret my purchase i want to be happy with cdj's. any suggestions?
Laurel Slazyk
this has probley been asked a million times.

im a controller guy. ive been using an S4 for couple years and SX for several months. I really want a CDJ setup (preferably pioneer).

since im huge on controllers having cdjs play through software is not a huge deal for me although i wouldnt mind having that option available. I do like the idea of rekordbox however. price is not a huge huge deal. the whole point of this is to get a good feel for cdjs and a proper understanding of them so that im more versatile with different gear .

so my question is which cdjs best suit what i am going for? do i need to go all out and get a brand new setup or should i look for some used 1000's and get a proper cdj feel from them? im not huge on spending money on old technology i would sort of like to get something thats a little more up to date and practical in a sense (usb. vs burning cd's).

i just dont want to regret my purchase i want to be happy with cdj's. any suggestions?
Augustine Mitzen
nope, the pitch faders are a joke.
Lean Hostetler
Going by what I've read, I believe all in one system may be up you're street...

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/cdpl...1#.Ujx7H7yKSUc
Alphonso Deitchman
The CDJ 850s are more affordable and work with Rekordbox as well as most other DJ software. Buy them second hand if you want to save a bit of cash.
Hellen Mindrup
If you want to use Rekordbox then you need to either have the CDJ 350/850/900/2000. Getting a pair of used 1000's doesn't really take you back technology wise, you can still run them with Traktor if you use timecode.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy