numark TT1650?

numark TT1650?
Posted on: 24.09.2013 by Petra Arra
seems a good TTs for beginner. Direct Drive. will be used for scratching practice

I came across a pair of these for 200$ no head shell and cart.

care to share the cons as I am a beginner and Techs 1200 here costs about $300-400 a piece.

thanks
Petra Arra
seems a good TTs for beginner. Direct Drive. will be used for scratching practice

I came across a pair of these for 200$ no head shell and cart.

care to share the cons as I am a beginner and Techs 1200 here costs about $300-400 a piece.

thanks
Petra Arra
I envy you guys. you can get stuff cheap.

even 2nd hand TTs here costs a fortune.

I recently saw a pair numark tt200 for $500 same price as the techs. lol.
Lilliana Perris
STR8-100's?

They do the job damn well for me!

Picked em up for R2500 ($250) for a pair with Ortofon Concorde Elektro carts.
Not a scratch on em.

Petra Arra
okay. i will watch out for those tables you guys mentioned.

Maybe I'll get one Technics first and save again for the the other.

since its almost my birthday, my wife promised me we'll go to an antic and record shop. maybe they have one there.
Josef Modine
i recently got a second hand pair of TT200's with elements and needles for about $120 total. They are perfect for learning. stable, direct drive, same torque as the 1200's and unbeatable in price

for starting out i definitly recommend these
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
the st 60's are about the same as the 1650's, only the 120 & 150's are super OEM's, I just found the OEM of the Pioneer I learnt on. it's the Audio technica AT-LP120 I'm not certain but they look remarkably similar.. You should steer well clear or it. Numarks TT200's are also pretty good, they tried to match the torque to tech 1200's they're also pretty cheap. I have never owned either but have played on both and the TT-200 surpasses the 1650 by miles.
Petra Arra
thanks for your inputs.

Maybe i should wait a bit more. there maybe a good deal that would come up. there is also a pair of stanton str8-60 for $600.

maybe i should sell some of my stuff so i could get the technics instead. lol
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
If it's all you can get they will work if you have a light touch. I learnt on Pioneer 3500's which are about the same in terms of the internals. It was very hard to learn to beatmatch on them, but once I could use those I could use anything thrown at me. If you want to scratch you have to always throw the platter forward a little when you release the record as it will take a little to spin back up to full speed if you don't. It's a pain in the ass but manageable if your patient.
Petra Arra
would really opt for a cheaper brand but the question is the availability of those TTs in our country. aside from the new one that costs both arms and legs, most TTs I see here are belt driven, with components, or really old styles.

I had a bad experience buying online so I would just but it locally.

if ever that there is a person importing dj items, they are sold 200% of the srp. Taxes here are pain in the ass.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Here is a list and the features I found on the interwebs

Brand/Type: Synq XTRM1
S-Shaped/Straight toonarm: S-Shaped
Included cartridge: Stanton 505SKII
Line out: Yes
Key correction: No
S/Pdif: No
Pitch ranges: +/-10%, +/-20%, +/-50%
Dustcover: No
Color: Dark gray
Price: +/- 410 euro
Comments: Cheapest version with line out, so no grounding to the mixer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brand/Type: Stanton T.120/T.120C
S-Shaped/Straight toonarm: Straight & S-Shaped
Included cartridge: No
Pitch ranges: +/-8%, +/-25%, +/-50%
Dustcover: Yes
Color: Light gray with dark blue, frosted finishing
Price: +/- 450 euro
Comments: TT has a pitch bend feature that works well

Brand/Type: Reloop RP6000
Line out: No
Color: Brushed aluminum
Price: +/- 350 euro euro
Comments: Temporary there was a MK6 with adjustable torque, but Reloop went back to the MK5

Brand/Type: Stanton STR8-150/ST150
S-Shaped/Straight toonarm: Straight & S-Shaped
Included cartridge: Stanton 680HP
Key correction: Yes
S/Pdif: Yes
Pitch ranges: +/-8%, +/-25%, +/-50%
Color: ST150 - Blue(shiny), STR-8 150 - Dark gray(shiny)
Price: +/- 600 euro
Comments: Thicker deckplate so less rumble than others

Brand/Type: Akiyama DJ-4000 Acura
Color: Light gray, metallic(shiny)
Price: +/- 350 euro
Comments:

Brand/Type: Citronic PD45
Included cartridge: Stanton 505SKII
Color: Black
Price: +/- 350 euro
Comments: Color on all pictures seems black(shiny) but its black hammer-scale(is that a word babel fish???)

Brand/Type: Omnitronic DD5250
Color: Light gray, metallic(shiny)
Price: +/- 275 euro
Comments: Misses the strobe light and isnt known for its garantuee settlement

Brand/Type: American Audio HTD4.5
Color: Black, metallic(shiny)
Price: +/- 390 euro
Comments: One of the most beautiful TTs
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
cons are really weak motor that won't hold it's speed with any pressure applied to the platter. You're better off getting Super OEM's
[
"Reloop RP-8000",
"Stanton STR8-150/ST 150",
"Reloop RP-7000",
"Reloop RP-6000",
"Stanton T.120/T.120C",
"American Audio HTD4.5"
"Synq XTRM1",
"Akiyama Acura",
"Citronic PD45",
"Omnitronic DD5250",
]

they're all running on the same motor and most have the same chassis with exception to the stanton 150 and new reloop, but some have the extra feature of internal grounding so you can send to a line level channel of you mixer and you will never get ground humm. The Numark TT500, TTX and Vestax PDX2000 are also pretty good. All the turntables listed have over 4.5kg of torque so take a large amount of pressure to slow down making them perfect for turntablism but they are still good at mixing once you get accustomed to them, Tech's are much better for mixing though.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy