Regular Vinyl playback in Traktor Scratch Pro

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Regular Vinyl playback in Traktor Scratch ProReply
Regular Vinyl playback in Traktor Scratch Pro
Posted on: 28.11.2011 by Regina Tedford
Hey guys, I've been messing around in Traktor Scratch Pro and it's awesome! I have some records coming in from Chemical Records and wanted to know how do you set up Traktor Scratch to play regular vinyl on one deck while the other is playing timecode.

I know this option was very obvious in Traktor Pro 1, but I haven't noticed the Audio Through option in 2.

Thanks!
Osvaldo Newhall
Originally Posted by Steeevo
Torq wins on this then, all you have to do is turn a knob and its done. i always new torq was better than traktor
Originally Posted by mostapha
SSL vs. Traktor is a legit comparison. Both of them lost to Torq years ago as far as I'm concerned, and I have owned some version of all 3.
Hahaha! What a joke???!!!
Ngan Ernestine
I believe I remember that you have to recalibrate every time you switch the deck back from a live input to a vinyl-controled track deck.
TSP2 does it automatically and it only takes seconds.
Dorie Scelzo
Actually, SSL won with the SL1, since it had thru outputs on the sound card. You just needed an extra RCA pair to use the line/phono switch instead of splitting it or dealing with the audio running through Traktor.

Although, everything becomes easy with the Vestax 05proIV, since it has "to DVS" outputs on the back of the mixer
Dorie Scelzo
I believe I remember that you have to recalibrate every time you switch the deck back from a live input to a vinyl-controled track deck.

If that's the case, I'd get an RCA splitter and use the line/phono switches on your mixer.

And if you don't have a mixer
Regina Tedford
Hey guys, I've been messing around in Traktor Scratch Pro and it's awesome! I have some records coming in from Chemical Records and wanted to know how do you set up Traktor Scratch to play regular vinyl on one deck while the other is playing timecode.

I know this option was very obvious in Traktor Pro 1, but I haven't noticed the Audio Through option in 2.

Thanks!
Angela Mendyk
I would like to know if an RCA-splitter does the same job as Traktor Multi Core cables. It seems my Multi Core is broken since the signal from one channel is bad.

Tomorrow my only option is to play with a pair of Technics but would really like to play vinyl as well with them. I seem to get mixed information if this works or not.

In a nutshell:

Technics -> AUDIO 8 IN -> AUDIO 8 OUT, pair of RCA per deck --> Split the end (2) to 4 --> Mixer Line and Mixer Phono per channel. YES or NO?
Cedric Zychowski
hi mate I have tried what you said, I've selected live input on the deck and calibrated it and it still doesn't work. I have a phono cable running from the line audio slots on the back of the mixer to my traktor audio 6 soundcard. Also the line/phono switch is usually on line when I am using timecode with that deck but for this purpose I switched it to phono however I havn't had any luck. What would I need a RCA splitter for? I would eventually like It to be set up so I can use the line/phono switch on the mixer to determine whether im using vinyl or timecode mode. Hope to hear from you soon. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Leah Shawkey
Multicore cables and external mixer. Then you just flip from line to phono on the mixer, and watch tsp go nuts trying to read your vinyl as timecode (sound is unaffected since that signal is cut off at the mixer).
Sam Hanno
maybe i'm a fool, but i kept noticed my records sounded like shit using the through function in tsd2 on an audio 6. i believe it's because i was running off of usb power, can anyone confirm?
Keli Muennink
Popularity won the battle as torq wasn't marketed the same. I Have used all three. Torqs sampler is on another level from serato and traktor
Osvaldo Newhall
Originally Posted by Steeevo
Torq wins on this then, all you have to do is turn a knob and its done. i always new torq was better than traktor
SSL vs. Traktor is a legit comparison. Both of them lost to Torq years ago as far as I'm concerned, and I have owned some version of all 3.
Hahaha! What a joke???!!!
Dorie Scelzo
Steevo, you mean you have to take the other cable out of the box. And even if you had to, it's going to radio shack and spend $10 on RCA cables instead of having those dumb-ass knobs.

Keli Muennink
He is using tsp not tsp2. With torq you don't have to have the latest hardware either it just comes standard.
Keli Muennink
Yeah but u have to get another cable. U don't in torq
Ngan Ernestine
TSP2 does it automatically and it only takes seconds.
Dorie Scelzo
Actually, SSL won with the SL1, since it had thru outputs on the sound card. You just needed an extra RCA pair to use the line/phono switch instead of splitting it or dealing with the audio running through Traktor.

Although, everything becomes easy with the Vestax 05proIV, since it has "to DVS" outputs on the back of the mixer
Patty Mcgilbra
how is pressing a button different from turning a knob? oO and it's even easier on an external mixer...
Keli Muennink
Dorie Scelzo

If that's the case, I'd get an RCA splitter and use the line/phono switches on your mixer.

And if you don't have a mixer
Trinh Sochia
Theres an option to let the audio run through a deck. I have it bound to midi so i can go back and forth when I'm running internal. Otherwise. With a piggy back cable and mixing externally, you can use the line/phono switch to go between.
Spencer Kilcoyne
If you click on the Deck letter then a drop down menu turns up that gives you the option of setting the deck to scratch control, or live input - you want live input.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy