Best cartridges stylus combo for traktor time code.

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Best cartridges stylus combo for traktor time code.Reply
Best cartridges stylus combo for traktor time code.
Posted on: 18.09.2013 by Bryon Taglieri
I have had a quick search but I can't find anything definitive I have some concorde pro carts which need new some stylus and I was wondering wither to invest in new stylus or try some thing new like some Shure m447 cartridges for there loud output.

Anyone done some experimenting with time codes and different stylus and carts?
Erica Charvet
Originally Posted by bumtsch
I thought the general consensus on M44s is that they are gentler on your records?
Definitely not. They dig into your records for better scratch resistance and output. They are ideal for timecode. This is not to say that they're going to destroy your vinyls after you play them a few times, but they are harsher than others.
Delena Katherman
I thought the general consensus on M44s is that they are gentler on your records?
I thought it was the opposite. They are quite loud, and (as I understood it) put more wear on the record, making them perfect for timecode vinyl (which is easily replaced).
Delila Vandommelen
Originally Posted by Hippie
If you're not that happy then the m44-7s are probably your best bet for timecode playback. They wear vinyl out quicker than some of the other carts
Bryon Taglieri
I have had a quick search but I can't find anything definitive I have some concorde pro carts which need new some stylus and I was wondering wither to invest in new stylus or try some thing new like some Shure m447 cartridges for there loud output.

Anyone done some experimenting with time codes and different stylus and carts?
Bryon Taglieri
I ended up getting some new stylus for the Ortofon's and they are working great I had forgotten how well they stick to vinyl I was just interested as I had some calibration issues with other carts and was wondering what to invest in.
Erica Charvet
Definitely not. They dig into your records for better scratch resistance and output. They are ideal for timecode. This is not to say that they're going to destroy your vinyls after you play them a few times, but they are harsher than others.
Delena Katherman
I thought it was the opposite. They are quite loud, and (as I understood it) put more wear on the record, making them perfect for timecode vinyl (which is easily replaced).
Delila Vandommelen
Originally Posted by Hippie
If you're not that happy then the m44-7s are probably your best bet for timecode playback. They wear vinyl out quicker than some of the other carts
Erica Charvet
The Shure M44-G's are also great. Although not *technically* as good as the 44-7's, they've never let me down with timecode.
Tania Somppi
I don't know the Concorde range personally but I probably go with either Pros or Pro Ss as they're v.similar, going by the specs on their site.
Ming Devis
If its working no need to change
Bryon Taglieri
Thanks Hippie that's the kind of Info I was after how diiferent are the Corcordes Carts does anyone know I thought with Concorde it was more to do with stylus choice.

As if the Carts are simlair I may be better off choicing a good Concorde stylus for the Carts I already have.
Tania Somppi
I can't see the point in replacing the Concorde Pros, if you've not had any issues with them and you like the Concorde style carts. In which case I'd just buy some new styli for the carts you have.

If you're not that happy then the m44-7s are probably your best bet for timecode playback. They wear vinyl out quicker than some of the other carts but that's not really an issue with timecodes cos it's not like you're wearing out precious vinyl releases. Plus as others have said they track well with a loud signal and the replacement styli are cheaper than your Concorde Pro styli.

There's a small article they did on the blog in 2010 you might find useful
http://www.djranking s.com/2010/05/1...ue-comparison/
Ming Devis
M447's stick like glue and have a loud output like DJSigma said, I would recommend them for timecode as well.
Brunilda Kora
I've got a pair of Shure M44-7's mounted on technics headshells that I haven't even tried yet! I've had 'em for bloody ages! I really must give 'em a go...

I'd also recommmend Stanton 505-AL's. I currently use 500 AL-II's (Blue Stylus), and have no complaints.

Carts/needles really are down to personal preferance...
Lina Rawie
Personally I would only use Shure M44-7s with timecodes. They're reasonably priced, they are arguably the best cart/stylus combo when it comes to tracking the groove, the output is loud, the needles last ages and they are cheap to replace.

I can understand choosing a different cart/stylus when playing real vinyl, or a mix of real vinyl and timecodes, because there are alternatives that sound a bit better than the Shures, but for timecode only I would go Shure every time.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy