timecode input too high

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: timecode input too highReply
timecode input too high
Posted on: 31.08.2013 by Elsie Golis
hi all, having a little problem with my shure m447 needles on my DJM850, bscly the input of the needle is too high and traktor bitches all the time, this doesn't happen with the concorde ortofons tho, any suggestions how to fix this?
Elsie Golis
hi all, having a little problem with my shure m447 needles on my DJM850, bscly the input of the needle is too high and traktor bitches all the time, this doesn't happen with the concorde ortofons tho, any suggestions how to fix this?
Addie Engbrecht
Maybe it's something simple like making sure you're plugged into the only 2 phono inputs and the djm setup utility is set to timecode vinyl and I believe under audio settings in Traktor there might be a something that needs to be set to vinyl
Inga Fealy
It's most likely Traktor. NI probably needs to adjust its new warning system sensitivity or something to particular interfaces, and or needle/timecodes. I have the same issue. Every time I backspin with any fast motion, I get the warning with a Korg Zero 8, Ortfon S-120, and both sets of Qbert Bully Breaks MK2 Time codes (glows/Blue & Yellow). I'm believeing it doesn't affect anything other than being annoying...
Chau Brox
I'm having the same issue. I have the same shure 447 needle, tsp 2.6.2, Xone 4D and the mk2 vinyl. It shows me the red hi input warning when I back spin.
Elsie Golis
hey all thanks for all your input. I've done some further testing and the problem seems to be the audio interface of the djm850.

I've used the shure 447 and the concorde dj s in my tests and well, the concorde actually gives too high input too during backspinning and scrolling through tracks but not as bad as the shure. The input gets so loud during backspinning that the timecode input starts to distort to a point at which traktor can't read the signal anymore, if you spin the record really really fast that is. I gotta note that it's still usable for gigging but slightly annoying to have error messages constantly flashing in your screen.

Now, I'm also an owner of the traktor audio 10, I plugged the tables into that and tried with both cartridges. The audio 10 somehow calibrates both cartridges to an ideal level so that you never get too low or too high inputs. So I guess pioneer messed up on this one?
Delila Vandommelen
The M44-7 is a LOUD cartridge. Louder than most concordes save for the Q-Bert and Nightclub mk2 or thereabouts. Getting a hotter signal is expected. Not to that extent though.

Also how high does the meter go with your concordes, and what kind are they? If the level's pretty high with them too then I wouldn't blame the carts.

Certainly it's not just the weight - I cranked mine to ludicrous levels without that kind of side effect.

I was going to suggest turning down the USB Output Level in the DJM utility, but the Pioneer FAQ specifies this :
When Timecode is selected at Mixer Audio Output, however, the USB Output Level value is fixed and does not change.
Don't have a Pio laying about to test it out. If you still get free control over the setting, turn it down if possible.
Rufus Ondrick
Your m447's might just be defective dude have u tried a different m447? Because im sure there are hundreds if not thousands of dj's who have the same or identical set up as yours and are using the m447's with no timecode issues. Im using time code too with m447's on both my tables woth no issue
Elsie Golis
if what you mean is setting the counter weight, anti skate and height, then yes I did. There's 3 grams on the cartridge, anti skating 0 and the tonearm is level with the platter.

high input warning happens mainly while scratching or backspinning btw
Antonetta Wikel
Have you re-tuned/aligned your turntables since you changed cartridges?
Elsie Golis
nah the problem is the loudness of the actually timecode tone that is pressed on the vinyl. Or rather, the shure 447 cartridge picks up the timecode way too loud, the concorde is more quiet. The timecode levels in traktor peak and it tells me that my timecode tone comes in too loud, I hope I explained that well

bscly the phono signal from the turntable is louder with shure needles, so traktor gives me error messages
Alease Fitch
What is too high?
Too loud? Is the pitch somehow wrong?

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy