Technics M3D Pitch Fader LED Doesn't Work

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Technics M3D Pitch Fader LED Doesn't WorkReply
Technics M3D Pitch Fader LED Doesn't Work
Posted on: 25.09.2013 by Delena Katherman
I just bought an M3D that runs like a champ and sounds like a dream, except that the pitch fader LED never lights up when at 0%. Not a huge deal, but how hard is this to fix? Could it be something more complicated than simply replacing the LED?. And finally, is there anything special I need to know since it's an M3D, or will MK2 tutorials be just as relevant?
Osvaldo Newhall
Originally Posted by jdownesbaird
Thanks for the input. I pushed the reset button the other day a little harder, and it actually came on. Then it flickered a bit and turned off. Got it to go on again randomly with another harder push, but it hasn't come on again since. So, the actual LED obviously isn't busted. Does this behavior help you target the problem more specifically?
As you mentioned, whenever you press ahrder on the reset switch, the LED activates. Then it is definitely a loose connection or contact on the switch. Since the LED lights up, then the bulb is fine. Something needs to be fixed in the reset switch's PCB.
Osvaldo Newhall
Right, but mine NEVER lights up, even with the button is pressed.
Then the LED must be busted and needs to be replaced or a wire or PCB may have a loose connection.
Delena Katherman
I just bought an M3D that runs like a champ and sounds like a dream, except that the pitch fader LED never lights up when at 0%. Not a huge deal, but how hard is this to fix? Could it be something more complicated than simply replacing the LED?. And finally, is there anything special I need to know since it's an M3D, or will MK2 tutorials be just as relevant?
Osvaldo Newhall
Thanks for the input. I pushed the reset button the other day a little harder, and it actually came on. Then it flickered a bit and turned off. Got it to go on again randomly with another harder push, but it hasn't come on again since. So, the actual LED obviously isn't busted. Does this behavior help you target the problem more specifically?
As you mentioned, whenever you press ahrder on the reset switch, the LED activates. Then it is definitely a loose connection or contact on the switch. Since the LED lights up, then the bulb is fine. Something needs to be fixed in the reset switch's PCB.
Delena Katherman
Osvaldo Newhall
Then the LED must be busted and needs to be replaced or a wire or PCB may have a loose connection.
Delena Katherman
Osvaldo Newhall
The pitch LED indicator of an M3D/MK3D, MK5, M5G/MK5G, & MK6 will only light up when the reset button is pressed.

So your deck is fine.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy