Rekordbox Hot Cues

Rekordbox Hot Cues
Posted on: 06.10.2013 by Yong Celestino
Hi guys, I have a question. I can't seem to figure out how make hot cues that I set in Rekordbox, appear on the cdj's. I open explorer on my pc, I connect my usb stick, and I drag the songs from explorer from my usb into Rekordbox. In Rekordbox I set the cue. When I reload the song from my usb into Rekordbox, the cues are there, but when I hit call-recall on a cdj, it says there are no hotcues and it has to analyse the whole song again, as if I never analysed it in Rekordbox.

Can someone please tell me what I
Yong Celestino
Hi guys, I have a question. I can't seem to figure out how make hot cues that I set in Rekordbox, appear on the cdj's. I open explorer on my pc, I connect my usb stick, and I drag the songs from explorer from my usb into Rekordbox. In Rekordbox I set the cue. When I reload the song from my usb into Rekordbox, the cues are there, but when I hit call-recall on a cdj, it says there are no hotcues and it has to analyse the whole song again, as if I never analysed it in Rekordbox.

Yong Celestino

Yong Celestino

Yong Celestino

Yong Celestino

Yong Celestino

Yong Celestino

Yong Celestino

Yong Celestino

Yong Celestino

Alphonso Deitchman
If you want to add cue points you add them to the tracks in your main Rekordbox database (stored on your computer hard disk). Then export them to the USB stick as before.

If the track is already on the USB stick it will simply add the new information without having to copy the whole file again.
Yong Celestino
Just to be clear on everything, when I export the tracks from RB to my usb, I can then drag them into RB again and set cue points and everything, right?
Yong Celestino
Okay thanks!
Alphonso Deitchman
It can read them, but you will have no waveform, BPM, or hotcues.
Yong Celestino
So when I have music on my usb that isn't exported to it from RB, the cdj doesn't recognize any songs?
Alphonso Deitchman
It sounds like from your 1st post that you have MP3s on your USB stick before adding to Rekordbox. You should start with an empty stick and only add music using the Export function.
Yong Celestino
I don't really know how to do that. I mean, when I take a song from my Rekordbox library, set a hotcue and then export it to my usb, when I load the song from my usb into Rekordbox, the cue is gone. So I don't know if that's the right way or not.
Tesha Freudenstein
did you export correctly?
Yong Celestino
2000's
Alphonso Deitchman
Which CDJs?

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy