Traktor S4 w/ 2 CDJs on Live Input C and D

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Traktor S4 w/ 2 CDJs on Live Input C and DReply
Traktor S4 w/ 2 CDJs on Live Input C and D
Posted on: 24.08.2013 by Dewayne Bownds
Hey, so i've been loving my traktor s4 for quite some time now, little bummed that they dropped $200 a few months after I purchased mine But I want to grab a couple CDJs to learn on in case I ever have to play on someone elses or if I ever get a decent gig. Thinking about grabbing a couple used CDJ 1000's and putting them in live input on C and D and using the S4 as a 4 channel mixer. How would you load the tracks onto C and D, would it be the Deck C and Deck D buttons on the traktor s4 or would you be loading from the cdj itself working on the traktor software. Also would the hot cue buttons work off the CDJ as well.
Dewayne Bownds
Hey, so i've been loving my traktor s4 for quite some time now, little bummed that they dropped $200 a few months after I purchased mine But I want to grab a couple CDJs to learn on in case I ever have to play on someone elses or if I ever get a decent gig. Thinking about grabbing a couple used CDJ 1000's and putting them in live input on C and D and using the S4 as a 4 channel mixer. How would you load the tracks onto C and D, would it be the Deck C and Deck D buttons on the traktor s4 or would you be loading from the cdj itself working on the traktor software. Also would the hot cue buttons work off the CDJ as well.
Marion Corbo
If you can afford it, upgrade to traktor Scratch. than you can pop in your timecode CD's, the s4 in Traktor Scratch certified I believe so you wont need to by an audio 6 or anything
Dewayne Bownds
so if I have a timecode cd in my cdjs, how do I load my traktor songs onto the cdj?
Nedra Fresneda
Hooking them as live inputs would treat them like any regular CDJ plugged to any mixer, you won't be able to control anything from traktor except the mixer section and fx.

In order to achieve what you describe you need to use HID capable CDJs or timecode.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy