Traktor S4 Footpedal?

Traktor S4 Footpedal?
Posted on: 14.10.2010 by Johnsie Kingrea
Can anyone recommend a nice affordable footpedal for the S4, where would I pick one up?
Kristian Buneta
Originally Posted by natebehe
well i obviously havent played with the S4, but i cant decide if i want the "shift+sample 1,2,3, or 4" to delete the cues like ean shows us in the video review or if I want it to toggle the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th cue points.

there aren't a whole lot of buttons that make sense to have second functions to them, at least from what i can see and believe of needing to have access to on the controller.

i guess im only seeing the shift as a possibility for more effects features, and cue point juggling. am i missing something? (im sure i am)
Well the SHIFT button is obviously going to be MOD1 and the pedal MOD2 or vice versa. Maybe you want something like
Foot Pedal = 1-8
Shift = 8-12
Foot Pedal + Shift = 12-16
That's like a midi fighter worth of buttons isn't it?

Seems extremely feasible to do on the fly.
Kristian Buneta
so i was believeing, since the effects don't have a kill button (from what ive heard on the NI community ) on the actual controller using the foot pedal as a shift I can assign and make my own kill buttons. any other ideas as to what i can assign the "shift" pedal to do?
Yes and seeing as I have millions of ideas it depends on what you want to do.
Kristian Buneta
i was wondering what the point was for a footswitch, duh...

im gonna have to order one of these bad boys! and they are dirt cheap, twenty bucks for a brand new one? hell yeah
Paid 5$ for mine on ebay.

Originally Posted by maxonemillionone
The back, it has a dedicated midi footswitch jack.
as does the APC... can come in handy.
Kristian Buneta
Originally Posted by Abyrne7
Where would you insert the footpedal for the unit?
Leeanna Ayla
Ean recommends the Boss FS-5U in this article. Actually he HIGHLY recommends it.

A foot peddle such as the one shown in the photo
Johnsie Kingrea
Can anyone recommend a nice affordable footpedal for the S4, where would I pick one up?
Warner Rotberg
http://www.djranking s.com/2011/12/2...es-in-traktor/
Shelia Salzsieder
yeah, no eq kills and 5,6,7,8 cues are putting me off getting the s4. Might just keep my X1 and remap the effects section to eq with eq kills and use the cue bit on the X1 instead of s4
Fleta Fergusen
Yeah, well dont need the shift for the first four since they already have dedicated buttons but yeah I got the idea. It would be alot easier for me to come up with some cool mods if I had the damn thing in front of me. Can't wait
Kristian Buneta
well i obviously havent played with the S4, but i cant decide if i want the "shift+sample 1,2,3, or 4" to delete the cues like ean shows us in the video review or if I want it to toggle the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th cue points.

there aren't a whole lot of buttons that make sense to have second functions to them, at least from what i can see and believe of needing to have access to on the controller.

i guess im only seeing the shift as a possibility for more effects features, and cue point juggling. am i missing something? (im sure i am)
Well the SHIFT button is obviously going to be MOD1 and the pedal MOD2 or vice versa. Maybe you want something like
Foot Pedal = 1-8
Shift = 8-12
Foot Pedal + Shift = 12-16
That's like a midi fighter worth of buttons isn't it?

Seems extremely feasible to do on the fly.
Fleta Fergusen

Kristian Buneta
so i was believeing, since the effects don't have a kill button (from what ive heard on the NI community ) on the actual controller using the foot pedal as a shift I can assign and make my own kill buttons. any other ideas as to what i can assign the "shift" pedal to do?
Yes and seeing as I have millions of ideas it depends on what you want to do.
Fleta Fergusen
Kristian Buneta

im gonna have to order one of these bad boys! and they are dirt cheap, twenty bucks for a brand new one? hell yeah
Paid 5$ for mine on ebay.
Fleta Fergusen

Originally Posted by maxonemillionone
as does the APC... can come in handy.
Leeanna Ayla
That way you can hit and hold shift with your foot and have both hands free to do whatever it is you want to do with your hands.
Kristian Buneta
Originally Posted by Abyrne7
Leeanna Ayla
Ean recommends the Boss FS-5U in this article. Actually he HIGHLY recommends it.

A foot peddle such as the one shown in the photo
Mac Fly
Kristian Buneta
I went on ebay. Got mine for virtually free, it's a Roland. They have name brands for ultra cheap there.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy