S4 remix deck question.

S4 remix deck question.
Posted on: 31.08.2013 by Warner Rotberg
I have track decks for A,B,C and deck D is a remix deck.

If im playing a track on deck B and i'm looping a track over 8 beats and I hit the first button in the "samples" section, that 8 beat loop now becomes an 8 beat loop in my remix deck.

Now, when im playing a track in deck A under the same conditions (8 beat loop) and I use the shift key and press the 2nd button along (or whatever button in the sampling section) I dont get an 8 beat loop, but the whole track then becomes a remix sample.

Is what im doing possible?
If yes, why isnt it working?
If no, do I also need deck C to be remix deck to achieve what I want to do when attempting to capture an 8 beat sample in the remix deck on deck D?
Warner Rotberg
I have track decks for A,B,C and deck D is a remix deck.

If im playing a track on deck B and i'm looping a track over 8 beats and I hit the first button in the "samples" section, that 8 beat loop now becomes an 8 beat loop in my remix deck.

Now, when im playing a track in deck A under the same conditions (8 beat loop) and I use the shift key and press the 2nd button along (or whatever button in the sampling section) I dont get an 8 beat loop, but the whole track then becomes a remix sample.

Is what im doing possible?
If yes, why isnt it working?
If no, do I also need deck C to be remix deck to achieve what I want to do when attempting to capture an 8 beat sample in the remix deck on deck D?
Warner Rotberg
If I only have deck D as the remix deck, I can hit the sample button on the above deck and it'll take a the loop into the remix deck or I can hold shift down and it'll take it from deck A, but doesnt take just the loop, but the whole track.
Josef Modine
you can adjust from which deck the remix deck will take its samples/loops in the remixdeck itself or from the preferences i thought

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy