S4 Audio output?

S4 Audio output?
Posted on: 05.09.2013 by Isela Retano
What do I need to have my s4 play out of
My external computer speakers they don't have an av cable they only have that one headphone jack like plug.. Should I get an av to headphone adapter?
Armando Waithour
Originally Posted by makar1
You obviously won't be able to precue through headphones if you only use the onboard sound card.

If you don't yet have the right cables/adapters to connect your speakers to the S4 main out, you can aggregate the S4 headphone out with the onboard headphone out as a temporary fix.
An aggregated sound interface ist very useful in many ways. I use different aggregated interfaces for different setups. When DJing with CDJs or using the soundcard of a xone mixer, for examples. I always aggregate new sound interfaces with my internal onboard sound device to expand routing possibilities.
But for listening music /djing at home I don
Armando Waithour
Your computer is connected to your speakers, isn
Isela Retano
Originally Posted by c0nsul
why don
Armando Waithour
why don
Armando Waithour
You obviously won't be able to precue through headphones if you only use the onboard sound card.

If you don't yet have the right cables/adapters to connect your speakers to the S4 main out, you can aggregate the S4 headphone out with the onboard headphone out as a temporary fix.
An aggregated sound interface ist very useful in many ways. I use different aggregated interfaces for different setups. When DJing with CDJs or using the soundcard of a xone mixer, for examples. I always aggregate new sound interfaces with my internal onboard sound device to expand routing possibilities.
Armando Waithour
Isela Retano
why don
Armando Waithour
why don
Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour
Isela Retano
why don
Armando Waithour
why don
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by likeberty
Alternatively, if you already have 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, and your headphone , I believe you can plug that cable to your S4's headphone output and your speakers, and plug your headphone to one of S4 1/4" main output instead. Then just route the master output of your DJ software to S4's headphone output and route the monitor output to S4's main output(which should be set to mono).

I never tried it myself anyway, so I'm not sure that it will work or not. And the sound quality may be worse, but it should be enough for daily practice at home or even a private party with your friends
You can't do this. The 1/4" Main Outs are balanced mono as opposed to the unbalanced stereo headphone socket on the front.
Isela Retano

One of these will help you... Btw, it's actually called RCA to 3.5mm adapter/cable

Alternatively, if you already have 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, and your headphone , I believe you can plug that cable to your S4's headphone output and your speakers, and plug your headphone to one of S4 1/4" main output instead. Then just route the master output of your DJ software to S4's headphone output and route the monitor output to S4's main output(which should be set to mono).

I never tried it myself anyway, so I'm not sure that it will work or not. And the sound quality may be worse, but it should be enough for daily practice at home or even a private party with your friends

Thank you man i appreciate it very much!
Isela Retano
What do I need to have my s4 play out of
My external computer speakers they don't have an av cable they only have that one headphone jack like plug.. Should I get an av to headphone adapter?
Armando Waithour

Alphonso Deitchman

Armando Waithour
Isela Retano
why don
Armando Waithour
why don
Alphonso Deitchman

You can't do this. The 1/4" Main Outs are balanced mono as opposed to the unbalanced stereo headphone socket on the front.
Isela Retano

One of these will help you... Btw, it's actually called RCA to 3.5mm adapter/cable

Thank you man i appreciate it very much!
Eva Scuderi

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy