hooking up s4 into djm900 nexus

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: hooking up s4 into djm900 nexusReply
hooking up s4 into djm900 nexus
Posted on: 12.09.2011 by Roseanne Torstenson
I will be djing in a club on thursday that has a house set up of 2 cdj900s and a djm 900nexus. I have a kontrol s4 and would like to use it, as I do not have tsp2 only tp2 at the moment. Can i bypass the soundcard of the djm and use the s4's soundcard by running RCA into a channel on the mixer or should I go from my audio port in my macbook to an rca input on the djm?

Also will my mappings for my s4 and x1 stay ok with the djm being a plug and play device for traktor? Thanks in advance for all the help.
Roseanne Torstenson
I will be djing in a club on thursday that has a house set up of 2 cdj900s and a djm 900nexus. I have a kontrol s4 and would like to use it, as I do not have tsp2 only tp2 at the moment. Can i bypass the soundcard of the djm and use the s4's soundcard by running RCA into a channel on the mixer or should I go from my audio port in my macbook to an rca input on the djm?

Also will my mappings for my s4 and x1 stay ok with the djm being a plug and play device for traktor? Thanks in advance for all the help.
Crissy Durso
hey, i'm actually going to be dj'ing in a club this weekend that uses the djm900 mixer and i also use the Kontrol S4. do i just plug the rca into one of the channels of the mixer? if so, which one do i use (cd/line, line, phono)? also, do i need to change anything on my preferences b/c i still want to do all my mixing etc from my s4 and not the djm900. please let me know. thx
Crissy Durso
hey, i'm actually going to be dj'ing in a club this weekend that uses the djm900 mixer and i also use the Kontrol S4. do i just plug the rca into one of the channels of the mixer? if so, which one do i use (cd/line, line, phono)? also, do i need to change anything on my preferences b/c i still want to do all my mixing etc from my s4 and not the djm900. please let me know. thx
Teresita Watashe
Yo brotha, RCA's are perfect to go into the DJM 900. You may also use the 1/4" returns and sends in the back of it.
Alla Bluemke
yes. Just plug RCAs into one channel on the mixer and you should be all good. You s4 and x1 mappings will all be the same. You are just putting an audio source into a single channel.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy