S4: Can't monitor/cue with headphones AND use monitors, help me!

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: S4: Can't monitor/cue with headphones AND use monitors, help me!Reply
S4: Can't monitor/cue with headphones AND use monitors, help me!
Posted on: 16.09.2013 by Bernard Pulizzi
Hello,

My home DJing setup is a Traktor S4, a pair of Yamaha HS5 monitors and a pair of Sennheiser HD 25 headphones..

My issue is that I can't use headphones to cue tracks for some reason. It appears that my headphones AND monitors are the "main outputs", and the "monitor outputs" don't allow sound through either monitors or my headphones.

When I had CDJs, I had the monitors plugged into the mixer outputs and became my speakers, and I could STILL use headphones to cue (obviously..)

Now it seems with my new Traktor S4, I can't do both, and both monitors AND headphones are classed as "main outputs"!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Bernard Pulizzi
Originally Posted by VanGogo
Let me see if I understand what's going on with the speakers.

So, with your speakers plugged into the master outs on the back of the S4, and the master l/r in preferences set to master, you get no sound from your speakers?

But, you do get sound from the speakers (plugged into the back of the S4) when you change the Master L/R in preferences to Monitor?
Yes, correct, I'm using two RCA to XLR cables, plugged from the rear of my S4 into my speakers
Bernard Pulizzi
Have you checked in Traktor preferences to make sure the master and monitor channels are selected correctly?
If there isn't Master L & R, and Monitor L&R available to select, try installing the latest S4 driver again.
There is monitor left and right, and master left and right, the problem is that my monitors count as 'monitor left and right' AS DO my headphones, the master left and right don't do anything
Bernard Pulizzi
Hello,

My home DJing setup is a Traktor S4, a pair of Yamaha HS5 monitors and a pair of Sennheiser HD 25 headphones..

My issue is that I can't use headphones to cue tracks for some reason. It appears that my headphones AND monitors are the "main outputs", and the "monitor outputs" don't allow sound through either monitors or my headphones.

When I had CDJs, I had the monitors plugged into the mixer outputs and became my speakers, and I could STILL use headphones to cue (obviously..)

Now it seems with my new Traktor S4, I can't do both, and both monitors AND headphones are classed as "main outputs"!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Charline Dye
And check the master volume in the software also.
Alphonso Deitchman
Did you turn up the Master Volume dial on the S4?
Bernard Pulizzi

So, with your speakers plugged into the master outs on the back of the S4, and the master l/r in preferences set to master, you get no sound from your speakers?

But, you do get sound from the speakers (plugged into the back of the S4) when you change the Master L/R in preferences to Monitor?
Yes, correct, I'm using two RCA to XLR cables, plugged from the rear of my S4 into my speakers
Charline Dye

Bernard Pulizzi
Have you checked in Traktor preferences to make sure the master and monitor channels are selected correctly?
If there isn't Master L & R, and Monitor L&R available to select, try installing the latest S4 driver again.
There is monitor left and right, and master left and right, the problem is that my monitors count as 'monitor left and right' AS DO my headphones, the master left and right don't do anything
Alphonso Deitchman
Turn the MIX dial (to the right of the crossfader) in Traktor anti-clockwise. Also do the same for the CUE MIX knob on the front of the S4.
Charline Dye

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy