My S4 keep crackling.. what do..?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: My S4 keep crackling.. what do..?Reply
My S4 keep crackling.. what do..?
Posted on: 11.08.2013 by Cortez Hertog
Hello, first of all, my english won't be perfect as im italian, second, thank you for reading and trying to help.

I've just bought and installed the traktor kontrol s4 and Traktor 2 and I have serious problems:

I've installed and connected everything how it has to be. When I play a song using the internal s4 audio device the problems start.. instead if I run Traktor with the internal audio device of my PC there are no problem. Guess what? To dj of course you need to use the s4 audio device so..

So now im using the s4 audio device.
I've connected my Yamaha hs80m that works amazing ( I've checked the yamaha and the cables that they worked and they work) into the main 1 and main 2. I play a track and here the problems begin: The audio begin to crackle. Even If i connect with only my headphones the problem is still there. Every 5-6 seconds it crackles, it jumps, you know what im saying.. And this only if im using the s4 audio device like i said.

Another problem is that Traktor the software crashes very often, especially when im chaning for example someting in the preferences. Then, when it has crashed, im not able to close the program, even if I use the task manager, I must turn off the pc and not torning off simply clicking the start and turn off. I must turn it off pressing the button for 5-6 seconds. Because if I restart the system normally and the s4 is still connected with the traktor 2 .. the pc won't turn off.

I bet it is not my pc actually, because before installing traktor I had just reformatted my pc. so it was clean like a baby.. My pc is:
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
Intel Core i7 , 2.30GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 7

I've seen on the web that others have this problem, a lot because of the cpu, here I can say it is not the cpu actually because it never goes on the red..
I've also tried reinstall traktor but nothing.. I've tried change latency, turning wifi off,.. but the problem is still there.
Desire Piedmont
Originally Posted by WiTHS4UC3
I'm going to follow your instructions mate! Thank you

So do you believe that with my consolle is everything ok and it is just a common problem of optimization this?
And another thing.. but this means that everytime I must turn off the antivirus, the sound card and ect..?!
I have to do all that, every time, my laptop is pretty cheap though. I run Game Booster as well and it makes a big difference.
Cortez Hertog
Originally Posted by kooper1980
Ok. First search google for 'optimising windows for audio'. This has some nice tweaks for audio settings.

Here you go..... http://global.focusrite.com/answerba...dows-7?id=1071

Then take a look at this....... http://www.djranking s.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/

.... and download the script.

when I had an S4 I actually narrowed my tweaks down to the following:

Disable wifi adapter, turn off battery management, disable firewall.

Like i said its just about finding what works for you.

Good luck.

So do you believe that with my consolle is everything ok and it is just a common problem of optimization this?
And another thing.. but this means that everytime I must turn off the antivirus, the sound card and ect..?!
Cortez Hertog
Originally Posted by atontheproton
fix your latency!!!!
am I doing something wrong..?
Cortez Hertog
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
Don't just turn off your wifi, completely disable your wireless network cards. Turning off wireless did nothing for me, but disabling the actual wireless devices from Computer Management fixed the crackling.

Regarding the crash, I have no idea...There are a number of posts both here and on NI's community for performance tuning on Windows PCs. I don't have the link(s) handy, but I know they're out there.
I've tried disabling the wifi card but the problem is still there..

Regarding the crash i've searched on the web but nothing found that was for me..
Cortez Hertog
Have you tried using the S4 windows script to close ALL non-essential system programs? I also used game booster when I ran an S4 with a windows machine.

The S4 issues can definitely be sorted out so dont panic, but be prepared to do a bit of tweaking to find the perfect configuration for your set up.
First of all thanks for answering.

I actually didnt know there was a featuring like that.. how can I find that script ?
Cortez Hertog
Hello, first of all, my english won't be perfect as im italian, second, thank you for reading and trying to help.

I've just bought and installed the traktor kontrol s4 and Traktor 2 and I have serious problems:

I've installed and connected everything how it has to be. When I play a song using the internal s4 audio device the problems start.. instead if I run Traktor with the internal audio device of my PC there are no problem. Guess what? To dj of course you need to use the s4 audio device so..

So now im using the s4 audio device.
I've connected my Yamaha hs80m that works amazing ( I've checked the yamaha and the cables that they worked and they work) into the main 1 and main 2. I play a track and here the problems begin: The audio begin to crackle. Even If i connect with only my headphones the problem is still there. Every 5-6 seconds it crackles, it jumps, you know what im saying.. And this only if im using the s4 audio device like i said.

Another problem is that Traktor the software crashes very often, especially when im chaning for example someting in the preferences. Then, when it has crashed, im not able to close the program, even if I use the task manager, I must turn off the pc and not torning off simply clicking the start and turn off. I must turn it off pressing the button for 5-6 seconds. Because if I restart the system normally and the s4 is still connected with the traktor 2 .. the pc won't turn off.

I bet it is not my pc actually, because before installing traktor I had just reformatted my pc. so it was clean like a baby.. My pc is:
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
Intel Core i7 , 2.30GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 7

I've seen on the web that others have this problem, a lot because of the cpu, here I can say it is not the cpu actually because it never goes on the red..
I've also tried reinstall traktor but nothing.. I've tried change latency, turning wifi off,.. but the problem is still there.
Narcisa Hughie
This worked an absolute treat for me

Seems Windoze tries to rest cores as often as possible which is great for everyday use as it save power but utterly useless for audio work

http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-...arking-Utility
Lakeesha Storman
I've noticed 2.6.3 keeps setting my latency buffer size to 32 and I have to up it so the CPU load isn't so high which causes pops and crackles. 2.6.2 seemed to save my setting, but 2.6.3 doesn't want to. So everytime I start up Traktor, I have to change the setting.
Fannie Ohayre
Follow these instructions to the letter
http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...dio+Processing
Cortez Hertog
Hello, im back!

I've changed the s4 konsolle and now I have a new one.

I've installed it following the guide and the problem guess what.. is still there.

I've downloaded the LatencyMon and I detected that the problem is the ACPI.sys which is doing 10.2ms in Execution.

So I guess that if I fix this it should work right? How do I fix it? I've googled but found nothing.
I've tried disabling into the device manager the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery but nothing changes (maybe i've disabled the wrong one?)

Please help
thank you!!
Kristofer Krauel
You need to find which tweaks suit your system and do these every time. But honestly I had mine to 3 or 4 things that took no more than a minute to complete.

First things first though. Find what makes your system run the best.

Post back your progress.
Desire Piedmont
Originally Posted by WiTHS4UC3

I have to do all that, every time, my laptop is pretty cheap though. I run Game Booster as well and it makes a big difference.
Cortez Hertog
Ok. First search google for 'optimising windows for audio'. This has some nice tweaks for audio settings.

Then take a look at this....... http://www.djranking s.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/

Good luck.

Kristofer Krauel

Good luck.
Cortez Hertog
Originally Posted by atontheproton
fix your latency!!!!
am I doing something wrong..?
Cortez Hertog
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
Don't just turn off your wifi, completely disable your wireless network cards. Turning off wireless did nothing for me, but disabling the actual wireless devices from Computer Management fixed the crackling.

Regarding the crash, I have no idea...There are a number of posts both here and on NI's community for performance tuning on Windows PCs. I don't have the link(s) handy, but I know they're out there.
I've tried disabling the wifi card but the problem is still there..

Regarding the crash i've searched on the web but nothing found that was for me..
Stephenie Liloia
http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=78621
Stephenie Liloia
fix your latency!!!!
Viva Beaulier
turning off the internet connection was the trick for me on my old laptop.
no internet ment no problems using traktor.
Lakeesha Storman

Cortez Hertog
Have you tried using the S4 windows script to close ALL non-essential system programs? I also used game booster when I ran an S4 with a windows machine.

The S4 issues can definitely be sorted out so dont panic, but be prepared to do a bit of tweaking to find the perfect configuration for your set up.
First of all thanks for answering.

I actually didnt know there was a featuring like that.. how can I find that script ?
Kristofer Krauel

Alphonso Deitchman
What are your latency settings?

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy