MiK notation overwritten by Traktor, not wanted

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: MiK notation overwritten by Traktor, not wantedReply
MiK notation overwritten by Traktor, not wanted
Posted on: 18.10.2013 by Enrique Jurek
Although I know this isn't the right community , this is the closest topic to my issue with Traktor (why is there no Traktor or NI software community ??)

Here is my case: I just updated to 2.6.4 from 2.5 and I thought the key detection addition was a good thing until I found out it is worse then Mixed In Key. And that's when my troubles started. Ever since 2.6.4 after analyzing tracks Traktor changes the Key tag in the MP3 file, therefor I loose my Mixed In Key notation (not in my track collection but in the original MP3). With it comes the problem, when I take my drive with my playlist to someone else I can only see the notation changed by Traktor.

Is there a way to disable key detection or the function to write ID3 tags on MP3s? I want my Mixed In Key notations back and if there isn't a way I'm forced to downgrade back to 2.5 again unfortunately
Enrique Jurek
Although I know this isn't the right community , this is the closest topic to my issue with Traktor (why is there no Traktor or NI software community ??)

Here is my case: I just updated to 2.6.4 from 2.5 and I thought the key detection addition was a good thing until I found out it is worse then Mixed In Key. And that's when my troubles started. Ever since 2.6.4 after analyzing tracks Traktor changes the Key tag in the MP3 file, therefor I loose my Mixed In Key notation (not in my track collection but in the original MP3). With it comes the problem, when I take my drive with my playlist to someone else I can only see the notation changed by Traktor.

Is there a way to disable key detection or the function to write ID3 tags on MP3s? I want my Mixed In Key notations back and if there isn't a way I'm forced to downgrade back to 2.5 again unfortunately
Lakeesha Storman
MIK also writes to the Key Text field, I just don't show that in my browser window. Forgot about that.

I believe there's also an option in Traktor to not fully analyze the song, but forgot the terminology. Again, in MIK, look at the settings where it tells you what to do for files being imported into Traktor. It will tell you how to analyze the files, although I've never done this as I don't use the key or key text columns, just comment.
Enrique Jurek
Thanks for the reply but is not the sollution I was looping for. I just really hate for Traktor to change the key id even when I uncheck the key box for analizing
Lakeesha Storman
NI community s: http://www.native-instruments.com/community /

Have Mixed In Key write to the Comment field as well. There's a setting in MIK I believe. If you go to the area where it says what to do for Traktor, it will tell you how to do this. Traktor will still overwrite the Key column, but your Comments will now have the MIK key and potentially energy rating at the beginning of it.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy