Traktor 2.5, How to set one shots as loops?

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Traktor 2.5, How to set one shots as loops?Reply
Traktor 2.5, How to set one shots as loops?
Posted on: 29.05.2012 by Isabella Azad
Hey all,

in the older Traktor I was able to set my custom wav files as loops in the loop deck. In the new remix deck it defaults them to one shots. How can I make these wav files loop? I can't seem to figure out how to change this. Thanks.
Ariane Vlaun
Originally Posted by tguidon
Hey all,

in the older Traktor I was able to set my custom wav files as loops in the loop deck. In the new remix deck it defaults them to one shots. How can I make these wav files loop? I can't seem to figure out how to change this. Thanks.
The method I found for changing a track from one shot to loop may not be the best option out there, but it's how I did it. Hopefully you guys will have some luck with it!

First, I had been trying to get a drum loop that I made in Ableton to be a loop in Traktor. In the browser I navigated to the location I saved the file and loaded it into a sample deck slot from there, there were no options to make it loop. I randomly imported that file to traktor's library, (right click, import to collection, **as looped samples**) then loaded the file into the sample deck from traktors collection instead of it's previous location in the browser.

Good luck out there guys!
Proto
Davina Waisner
Originally Posted by idoc
I'm having trouble with my sample lagging when I hit the button to start button on my S2. Traktor 2.1 sample deck seemed to work better... easier to operate. Is there a way I can tweak 2.5 so that the remix deck/samples start right on cue.
yeh i had the same problem, it's an easy fix something to do with the quantize you need to turn it off or set it to 0.
Isabella Azad
Hey all,

Ariane Vlaun
Originally Posted by tguidon
Hey all,

The method I found for changing a track from one shot to loop may not be the best option out there, but it's how I did it. Hopefully you guys will have some luck with it!

First, I had been trying to get a drum loop that I made in Ableton to be a loop in Traktor. In the browser I navigated to the location I saved the file and loaded it into a sample deck slot from there, there were no options to make it loop. I randomly imported that file to traktor's library, (right click, import to collection, **as looped samples**) then loaded the file into the sample deck from traktors collection instead of it's previous location in the browser.

Good luck out there guys!
Proto
Davina Waisner
Originally Posted by idoc
I'm having trouble with my sample lagging when I hit the button to start button on my S2. Traktor 2.1 sample deck seemed to work better... easier to operate. Is there a way I can tweak 2.5 so that the remix deck/samples start right on cue.
yeh i had the same problem, it's an easy fix something to do with the quantize you need to turn it off or set it to 0.
Markita Barchard
Faustino Stringfellow
those buttons can also be use "live" they change icon to tell you what they are doing at the time. There's another little button that plays the samples backwards ! great for vocal drops and SFX.
Nedra Fresneda
You have to set the deck to advanced mode (like you would to set a grid on a new track) and select the sample you want to have the change applied to, there you will find a button to toggle between the two modes.

Another alternative is to map "remix deck>slot play mode" to your keyboard/controller.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy