Question regarding routing to ableton and line in on Kontrol s4

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Question regarding routing to ableton and line in on Kontrol s4Reply
Question regarding routing to ableton and line in on Kontrol s4
Posted on: 16.10.2013 by Siobhan Getter
Hey guys, i bought my S4 about 3 weeks ago, absolutely loving it! But i do have some questions regarding the routing of Traktor to ableton. I use Jackosx to do this which seems to be the best solution. (please let me know if you know of any better) I tried soundflower but was getting artefacts every now and then so i stuck with jack. The thing i can't figure out is that when i use either of the two, the line in in my s4 becomes unavailable as it says it's not supported in preferences. Is there any way to route to ableton and have the line in available? or do i have to get a hardware effects unit?
Siobhan Getter
Originally Posted by FilthyDave
Traktor will only allow one soundcard to be used

Jackosx has effectively become your soundcard as far as Traktor is concerned so you need to route your line in via Jackosx and then into Traktor
Ok thanx man, i got it sorted with some routing but jack seems to get jittery every now and then so i might give up on that
Siobhan Getter
Hey guys, i bought my S4 about 3 weeks ago, absolutely loving it! But i do have some questions regarding the routing of Traktor to ableton. I use Jackosx to do this which seems to be the best solution. (please let me know if you know of any better) I tried soundflower but was getting artefacts every now and then so i stuck with jack. The thing i can't figure out is that when i use either of the two, the line in in my s4 becomes unavailable as it says it's not supported in preferences. Is there any way to route to ableton and have the line in available? or do i have to get a hardware effects unit?
Siobhan Getter
Originally Posted by FilthyDave

Jackosx has effectively become your soundcard as far as Traktor is concerned so you need to route your line in via Jackosx and then into Traktor
Ok thanx man, i got it sorted with some routing but jack seems to get jittery every now and then so i might give up on that
Narcisa Hughie

Siobhan Getter
so no one has any insight? should i ask this question in another section of this community or maybe another community ?

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy