question about the s4 mk2

question about the s4 mk2
Posted on: 04.11.2013 by Sammie Dischner
okay i have the original s4 right now..
does anyone reccomend upgrading to the s4 mk2?
i use timecode vinyl.. will i need to upgrade the scratch pro also with this s4 mk2, or will my orginal s4 timecode upgrade work?

secondly, is it really worth it? not much more bells and whistles than my normal s4

also, i've heard that there is a NEW mixer/s4 style controller coming out from NI around christmas.. maybe just wait till then?

anyone have an old s4 and switch to the new one?
what are your thoughts?
Cody Mcnall
Originally Posted by unclejessie
i use timecode vinyl.. will i need to upgrade the scratch pro also with this s4 mk2, or will my orginal s4 timecode upgrade work?

secondly, is it really worth it? not much more bells and whistles than my normal s4

also, i've heard that there is a NEW mixer/s4 style controller coming out from NI around christmas.. maybe just wait till then?

what are your thoughts?
I actually had the old s2 and upgraded to the S4MKII. I believe that was worth it for me cause I was looking for a 4 channel DJ controller and the MKII came out at the perfect time. I felt that I could justiy the price tag cause it was such a big step up from the original s2 and I can put my IPAD to use.

If I already had a the original S4 then I would not go for the upgrade as already mentioned the improvements would not be enough for me to justify the purchase. I would def wait to see what NI does for new controllers in 2014. There has been no official announcements from NI on a new flagship controller. Everything is just speculation so far. Based on what we have seen so far with Maschine Studio; we can only speculate and hope that NI has plans for something new in 2014. Perhaps a software/hardware combo when Traktor 3.0 is released?
nayit ruiz jaramillo

Not true.
Sammie Dischner
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
I have the OG S4 and have no plans on "upgrading." The new features are too minimal, and I'm iPad-less, so...there's no reason to drop 8 bills on something with colored pads/buttons.

If anything, I'm probably looking to go a more modular route with my next purchase.
thanks for the info guys. i appreciate the quick responses!! that's why this community is THE BEST
Sammie Dischner

what are your thoughts?
Georgia Caroon
So if I am considering getting a controller, should I just go MK2?
Cody Mcnall

what are your thoughts?
I actually had the old s2 and upgraded to the S4MKII. I believe that was worth it for me cause I was looking for a 4 channel DJ controller and the MKII came out at the perfect time. I felt that I could justiy the price tag cause it was such a big step up from the original s2 and I can put my IPAD to use.

If I already had a the original S4 then I would not go for the upgrade as already mentioned the improvements would not be enough for me to justify the purchase. I would def wait to see what NI does for new controllers in 2014. There has been no official announcements from NI on a new flagship controller. Everything is just speculation so far. Based on what we have seen so far with Maschine Studio; we can only speculate and hope that NI has plans for something new in 2014. Perhaps a software/hardware combo when Traktor 3.0 is released?
nayit ruiz jaramillo

Not true.
Sammie Dischner
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
I have the OG S4 and have no plans on "upgrading." The new features are too minimal, and I'm iPad-less, so...there's no reason to drop 8 bills on something with colored pads/buttons.

If anything, I'm probably looking to go a more modular route with my next purchase.
thanks for the info guys. i appreciate the quick responses!! that's why this community is THE BEST
Lakeesha Storman

Stefanie Aldaco
Kontrol X1 Mk1 or Mk2? Just the same question^^ If your fine with your S4, stay with it. If you want those "superb" features of the Mk2, go for it

In my opinion it isn't worth it, still pretty the same controller. Try to check out the Mk2 in a local musicstore, or watch/read some reviews of the mk2.

i believe you won't need to buy a new upgrade, because its still the same software, but im not absolutly sure

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy