No signal right output master channel

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: No signal right output master channelReply
No signal right output master channel
Posted on: 13.10.2013 by Verena Minichiello
Discovered yesterday that only the left Master Channel is working.
Everythings looks ok in the Output Routing and both Monitor channels works, but no sound from the right Master Channel. Strange!

The setup is MBP, 10.6.8, Traktor S4,Traktor Pro 2.5.1 and Traktor Kontrol Driver 2.5.3

Mixt
Charline Dye
Originally Posted by makar1
I don't see any Pan dials on the crossfader bar, but there are Pans for each deck if the Advanced tab is open.
Thanks for correcting that. I was believeing the pan knob was down there, but I didn't have Traktor open.
Verena Minichiello
Originally Posted by FilthyDave
Stupid question have you knocked the pan or balance control on your DJ mixer or amplifier?

Double check your audio out routing as well

If neither of the above then it's a basic problem solving question and is dealt with by using the 'Process of Elimination'.
Whatever is left, no matter how bizarre, must be the truth my dear Watson
Failing all that send it back to NI for repair

I have already made the checklist and the elimination process. Next stop is NI support. Thx for DJTT-users for the support.
Verena Minichiello
Discovered yesterday that only the left Master Channel is working.
Everythings looks ok in the Output Routing and both Monitor channels works, but no sound from the right Master Channel. Strange!

The setup is MBP, 10.6.8, Traktor S4,Traktor Pro 2.5.1 and Traktor Kontrol Driver 2.5.3

Mixt
Charline Dye
Originally Posted by makar1
I don't see any Pan dials on the crossfader bar, but there are Pans for each deck if the Advanced tab is open.
Thanks for correcting that. I was believeing the pan knob was down there, but I didn't have Traktor open.
Verena Minichiello
Originally Posted by FilthyDave
Stupid question have you knocked the pan or balance control on your DJ mixer or amplifier?

If neither of the above then it's a basic problem solving question and is dealt with by using the 'Process of Elimination'.

I have already made the checklist and the elimination process. Next stop is NI support. Thx for DJTT-users for the support.
Alphonso Deitchman
Charline Dye
There is a pan knob in the software also that can only be seen when you show the cross fader.
Narcisa Hughie

First off swap the RCA's around on the back of the S4. So Left connector into Right socket etc

If the problem stays on the right it's something further upstream eg DJ mixer, amp channel or speaker. So put the RCA's back and do the same with the output of the DJ mixer or amplifier. Eventually you'll find the dodgy part

If the problem follows the cable (so now the left speaker isn't working and the right is) then it's either the cable itself or your S4 so the first thing to do is swap the RCA cable for one you know works

If it's still not working try the TRS connectors and finally try re-installing the drivers

Alphonso Deitchman
How exactly have you connected the S4 to your speakers?
Verena Minichiello
Tried both RCA and TRS but same problem, if thats what you mean...
Alphonso Deitchman
What cables are you using?
Verena Minichiello
User Makar1 sugggested to try TRS cable outputs to get the right Master Channel working, but no sound from right channel. Very annoying that only the left Master Channel is working despite the outputrouting are ok.
Clue anyone?
Verena Minichiello
No, I have not open the S4, but I have moved, turned the mixer around and stored it for a couple of months since I been traveling and only brought my "traveller-mixer" (Faderfox). Sounds a little bit farfetched though that this is the problem. Thx anyway.
Victoria Reyome
Did you, by any chance open the S4, i.e. turning it upside down, unscrewing all screws and later putting them all back in?

I experienced the same problem, yet touching/wiggling the deaf channel brought it back.

It was also depending on how even the S$ was standing. If it was standing in pefect scale, both channels worked.

Which then lead me to the - so far seemingly correct - assumption that I tightened the screws too much. 'Untightening' the screws below the effects section solved my issue.
Verena Minichiello
No, I do not have that TRS-cable, but thx for the tip. I will buy one.
Alphonso Deitchman
Have you tried both the TRS and RCA outputs?

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy