S2 / Virtual DJ map?

S2 / Virtual DJ map?
Posted on: 05.01.2012 by Chong Prestwich
I have searched but only found VDJ/S4 info. Just wondered if there was an S2 map for it yet? If not i'll have a go at making one this weekend.

It's probably a blasphemous idea for some of you, but when doing more commercial gigs or parties/weddings I find the way vdj finds tracks a lot more suited to a gig in which someone can request almost any song rather than playing in a club with an idea of what you're gunna play already.

Obviously not all functions of the s2 will be needed at these cheese-fests but track loading, cueing, loops n effects and eq would be needed so maybe wouldn't be so hard to make one after all...

Cheers.

Adam.
Chong Prestwich
Originally Posted by ReThink
Check out my website for my definition and mapper for the S2 also...

www.DJReThink.com
looks good. i have got most the mapping sussed, just got no idea how to get the LEDs to work without a definition file!
Chong Prestwich
Originally Posted by norequest
You could also do karaoke with the video output. It is a useful tool.
it's also good for visually teaching beginners how to dj as the waveforms overlay each other allowing you to see the effect of adjusting the tempo etc

got couple of house spare now so gunna give this a go...

if it's any good i will share for free since
Vikki Jeannoel
I'm a mobile DJ and i am an avid Traktor user; but when my clients request a video set then I can use the S4 and VDJ instead of reinvesting in SSLV. For me it works beautifully, but for you and many others it may not make sense.

ReThink
fair enough..
Chong Prestwich
I have searched but only found VDJ/S4 info. Just wondered if there was an S2 map for it yet? If not i'll have a go at making one this weekend.

It's probably a blasphemous idea for some of you, but when doing more commercial gigs or parties/weddings I find the way vdj finds tracks a lot more suited to a gig in which someone can request almost any song rather than playing in a club with an idea of what you're gunna play already.

Obviously not all functions of the s2 will be needed at these cheese-fests but track loading, cueing, loops n effects and eq would be needed so maybe wouldn't be so hard to make one after all...

Cheers.

Adam.
Gracie Cardis
I believe I may give rebelieve a go too
Ora Ong
did you already got the mapping? is it working well?
Kecia Sylva
Let me know what you believe of the mapping. I appreciate all the feedback I get.
Chong Prestwich
ok given up (no spare time) so gunna give yours a go rebelieve
Chong Prestwich

www.DJReThink.com
looks good. i have got most the mapping sussed, just got no idea how to get the LEDs to work without a definition file!
Chong Prestwich
Originally Posted by norequest
it's also good for visually teaching beginners how to dj as the waveforms overlay each other allowing you to see the effect of adjusting the tempo etc

got couple of house spare now so gunna give this a go...

if it's any good i will share for free since
Lashay Walchak
Vikki Jeannoel
I'm a mobile DJ and i am an avid Traktor user; but when my clients request a video set then I can use the S4 and VDJ instead of reinvesting in SSLV. For me it works beautifully, but for you and many others it may not make sense.

ReThink
fair enough..
Kecia Sylva

ReThink
Vikki Jeannoel
why would you ever want to you virtual DJ ?
Kecia Sylva

www.DJReThink.com
Lashay Walchak
Not sure about S2 as mine isn't here yet (hopefully tomorrow), but I just DL'd latest version of VDJ and my roomies DDJ-S1 works natively with it. This is after searching far and wide to see if there was a DLable map for said controller.

If you do go for a map make sure to touch base on the controller editor before you get started as I believe this is why many peeps are having problems mapping midi mode. Though VDJ would probably work with HID commands. Also try using S4 map pointed to S2, as most controls are named the same, atleast in HID mode.

Good luck!!! Mapping VDJ is a bitch, I was trying the DDJ for an hour or so last evening before getting the latest version.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy