Help! Traktor S4 USB Port is Broken!

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Help! Traktor S4 USB Port is Broken!Reply
Help! Traktor S4 USB Port is Broken!
Posted on: 19.10.2013 by Maida Acra
Hey guys,
I came back from a gig, and was surprised to find out that my S4 would not connect to my macbook. I was receiving the error message that the device was drawing too much power. After doing some analysis, I noticed that my USB port is exposed compared to a normal S4. Is there anyway to fix this issue?
Thanks!
IMG_20131019_140023.jpgIMG_0380.jpg

(My S4 is the first picture, a standard S4 is used for comparison in the second picture)
Maida Acra
Hey guys,
I came back from a gig, and was surprised to find out that my S4 would not connect to my macbook. I was receiving the error message that the device was drawing too much power. After doing some analysis, I noticed that my USB port is exposed compared to a normal S4. Is there anyway to fix this issue?
Thanks!
IMG_20131019_140023.jpgIMG_0380.jpg

(My S4 is the first picture, a standard S4 is used for comparison in the second picture)
Librada Woolslayer
He still can repair the original one...
Dannie Dimora
Whaaat? $130?
You could honestly have bought a compatible USB plug from some electronics shop for max. a couple dollars, and another 10 or so to get it soldered by someone with knowledge.
Why did you go the expensive route?
Charline Dye
Thanks for sharing your results!
Maida Acra
UPDATE! Thanks everyone for your responses, it's been a busy semester and I haven't been active around here lately. I talked to NI on the phone about the problem, and they sent me a refurbished S4 for $130 given that my unit has been out of warranty. Hope this clears up some questions if any of you have the same problem.
Lucrecia Diloreto
I had this happen to me, my S4 wasn't under warranty anymore and i emailed NI and they still replaced it for free. There should be some temporary fixes if you search around.
Libbie Orion
WOW where is the missing part?
Shouldnt it still be atached to your USB cable?
Charline Dye
If it doesn't work out with NI, break out the soldering iron or find a local electronics guy to do it.
Maida Acra
Unfortunately it is not under warranty, but I'm planning on calling NI during the week to see what they say.
Charline Dye
Is it still under warranty?

Either way I would call NI first and see what they say.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy