Traktor S4 mk2 with iphone 5 (lightning cable)

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Traktor S4 mk2 with iphone 5 (lightning cable)Reply
Traktor S4 mk2 with iphone 5 (lightning cable)
Posted on: 19.12.2013 by Cathryn Pierini
Hey there everyone!

I was just wondering is there a way of connecting the S4 mk2 to the iphone 5 with lightning cable.

I read there was a way, which is to use the 30 pin to lightning converter, but I do not want to pay that much money for it.

Is there an easier and cheaper way?

Can I connect a Female to Female usb right in between the lightning cable and the S4's usb cable?

Thanks in advance!

Rajaz
Aleida Pratap
.. then it may fit into the cause well .. have anyone tried it yet and if yes then please share how good it is functioning
Jack Narva
dgbescu - Using the Lightning-to-USB Female Camera Connector the iPad will only recognise the S4MK2 as a audio interface. I am not certain but some apps such as DJ PLAYER could be controlled if the S4 was in midi mode. Not sure if it would while also using it as an audio interface at the same time.

For complete audio & control integration with Traktor DJ you must use the usb to 30-pin cable that should also have been included with the S4MK2. You then need the 30-pin to Lightning adapter (see my post above about the better of the 2 adapters Apple makes). This is the only way to get total integration. The control the S4MK2 provides for Traktor DJ is absolutely great. Not only does it control pretty much every function of the app, but it also enables features such as manual pitch control of each deck, scratching & manual cueing, and one of the coolest is the ability to use the hotcue/sample pads to trigger the slices when in freeze/freeze loop mode.
Dusti Mcmurrough
Sorry for resurecting this thread.

I happen to have a Lightning-to-USB Female Camera Connector (I use it to connect my camera). I connected my iPad to the S4 MK2 using the provided USB cable plugged into this adaptor and I can get sound through the built-in S4 sound card. However I don't believe anything else works (cross fader, effects, etc.).

Is anyone else able to control these functions from the S4? Basically I'm asking what is the integration like between the S4 and the iPad Traktor software? What should I expect to be working what shouldn't?

Thanks a bunch!
Cathryn Pierini
Originally Posted by arsman
you can buy an iphone 5 and a traktor s4 mk2 but not a 30 pin to lightning converter?

get it to be over with it.
Maybe that is why I am out of money atm

But really is there any other way?

Thanks!

Rajaz
Cathryn Pierini
Hey there everyone!

I was just wondering is there a way of connecting the S4 mk2 to the iphone 5 with lightning cable.

I read there was a way, which is to use the 30 pin to lightning converter, but I do not want to pay that much money for it.

Is there an easier and cheaper way?

Can I connect a Female to Female usb right in between the lightning cable and the S4's usb cable?

Thanks in advance!

Rajaz
Jack Narva
Another thing to note concerning the lightning connector is to not go the cheap route. Since the update to iOS 7 alot of the cheap (uncertified) adapters & cables do not charge the device or work at all.

Apple makes two 30-pin to lightning adapters. The cheaper is the small block (no cable) that your lightning cable plugs into. DO NOT GET THIS ONE... only because it does not stay connected easily. Even the slightest movement without keeping it held, it will disconnect from the iPhone. This will interupt and stop all audio.

For $10 more the other adapter is a pigtail. Its about a six inch cable that has a lightning connector end and a female 30-pin. It stays connected no problem. I use it with a S4 Mk2 with the iPad or iPhone 5s. Works great. Here is the Apple store link so you know which one.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...-02-m?fnode=3c
Alphonso Deitchman
You need to use the Lightning-30pin adapter. USB converters will not work.
Cathryn Pierini
Originally Posted by arsman
you can buy an iphone 5 and a traktor s4 mk2 but not a 30 pin to lightning converter?

Maybe that is why I am out of money atm

But really is there any other way?

Thanks!

Rajaz
Petra Arra

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy